RBS/Capquest vs me, please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was hoping someone could shed some light on a complicated subject.

Back in 2001 I opened a bank account with the RBS. I wasn't made aware that I was being charged on a monthly basis a fee of £3 to have this account open.

I moved to France for a while and whilst there had a French bank account. When I returned to the UK I found a mountain of letters from the RBS claiming I owed them in excess of £300. As I wasn't paying into this account and they were still charging me the hidden £3 I had fallen into my overdraft and then been charged, letters etc to the tune of £353. I took them to court and won.

Since then I have had letters and phone calls from different credit companies including Capquest chasing me for the debt. I had to fax each one telling them this had been settled.

When I checked my Experian report last year for the first time I realised I had a default against my name from the RBS. I phoned the courts and they passed on the relevant information to the RBS credit people who then had to pass it on to Experian before I could 'clear my name.' Which happened. Credit rating fine again.

Then the phone calls and letters started again from Capquest. I just checked my Experian report again and found this:

CAPQUEST (FORMERLY... Bank Default £353 12/04/2009

ENTRY NUMBER: C3

Name:MR Address:Date of birth:Company name:CAPQUEST (FORMERLY FTC)Account type:BankStarted:17/01/2002Default Balance:£173Current Balance:£353Defaulted On:06/09/2003File Updated for the Period to:12/04/2009

Sorry about the long post but I really want to finally get rid of this, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

I am not sure how to help you with this but reading your case I can see quite alot of similarities b/w your case and mine. Please read my thread/case to give you insight

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/192562-how-challenge-default-notice.html

I need your help in knowing how did you challenged RBS and managed them to clear your Experian Default as I am currently struggling with this. Did you wrote to Experian to get name cleared as bank charges are illegal or did you challaned them on basis of not sending Default Letter or something else? Please let me know as I desperately need your help with it.

Would look forward and appreciate your much valuable help

Regards

Many Thanks Fastest Fox

I would be writing to EXPERIAN first & at same time contact RBS and challenge them for Defaulting me on basis of unfair charges for which I hope they clear my name as customer goodwill however IF not then I would definitely challenge them to court.

Did RBS or the court you went to raised the point or challenged you for you not paying in Service Charges? Is it something that can go against me? Or did this point got raised when you took RBS to court? Also did you also challenged RBS for not sending you DEFAULT LETTER?

As I can see the from your case too I have similar problem of not realising I had service charges set up on account with no overdraft limit which lead to RBS charging me all these bank charges one after the other.

Thanks again for guiding me towards first step and would look forward to your reply

Cheers