• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Dispute with Capital One

jet83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I foolishly paid a minium payment on this account about 3 weeks ago whilst the account was in dispute (i know was stupid to do so) and then received a late payment charge for £12 the next day plus 27.090% interest if not paid within 28 days which i totally forgot about until last night. Should I send them a letter saying they are not permitted to charge me this whilst the account is in dispute?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't make any difference. Crap1 live in their own little world & think they can adhere to their own rules. If they carry on with their daft antics just make a complaint to your Trading Standards & the OFT...even email your MP to complain, & while you are at it ask him/her if they are attending the debate regarding debt collection on the 22nd April.

Can I dip in here and ask if Cap one were any better with their forms and record keeping by Nov 2006?

I've got a great long foolscap + length document in 4pt font size which doesn't have my sig, but just my name and address and no date.

I've obviously signed something and sent it back as I have the welcome letter.

Any ideas or am I farting in the wind here?

I'd be tempted to send them Scots letter below & see what their response is;

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, the contents of which are noted. I appreciate your quick response to my original letter. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request remains outstanding. The items you sent in your reply, does not constitute a true copy of any credit agreement that may or may not have been signed by me on the opening of this account. It neither confirms that I am liable for any alleged debt to you, nor gives me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until XX/XX/2008 to provide me with the true copy I requested. You are now in default of my request. Any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agency.

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the customer to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Whilst you remain in default of my request, you are not permitted to take any action against this account. This includes adding further charges and passing any information to the credit reference agencies.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

**amend to suit your circumstances.**

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. received this letter today from cap one which quite supprised me as in the previous letter from ms Ellie Renshaw she said there would be no further contact from them on this matter!

Dear Mr ######

Account No.#######

Thank you for your letter about your request for us to provide you with a true copy of your credit agreement.

Unfortunately there are no more documents that can be sent.

As I've already explained, in accordance with section 78 of the Consumer Cedit Act 1974 and the Consumer Credit (cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983. We've provided you with a copy of your original agreement, and if any terms have been varied, then the copy agreement will include the updated terms. In addition, your personal details, the signature box, signature and date of signature were omitted from the copy provided as permitted under Regulation 3 of the Consumer Crdit (cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983.

I can confirm to you that your Credit agreement complies with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and is the correct format.

Your account status remains behind in payments. We will continue to pursue the outstanding debt £##### and wil defend any application you may wish to bring against us.

As I have mentioned I my previous letter, you now have the option of contacting the financial ombudsman. As we've already sent our final response, I need to let you know that we won't be able to send any different documentation to support your request.

I must now inform you that any further contact we receive from you on this subject will be acknoledged but we will not enter into any further correspondence.

(Typical call charge from a BT landline is 7p connection fee plus upto £2p per minute. Calls from other networks and mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded/monitored for training purposes)

Yours sincerely

Ellie Ranshaw

Executive Office Manager

Do you think I should send a reply to this letter or ignore it?

There's no point in carrying on with the postal ping pong, just ignore them now, in all probability they'll sell the account on to a DCA. If they do they can easily be despatched as there isn't an enforceable agreement, Ellie has as good as admitted to that fact by the statement "Unfortunately there are no more documents that can be sent" and even in the unlikely event that they attempted to obtain a CCJ you can bring them to 'Strict Proof' to provide an enforceable CCA which they can't & you would win the case & be awarded costs.

Yeah thought it would probably be a waste of time replying to them as they just keep repeating the same old guff, but atleast she's more or less admitted to not having an enforceable agreement this time:) just thought i'd check with you first.

Thanks again

Received the letter below yesterday along with another £12.00 late payment charge notice. Should I reply to this one?

Date 22/4/2009

Dear Mr #######

Your account number #######

Notice of Sums in Arrears

You have missed or failed to pay in full the last 2 contractual minimum payments to yopur Capital One account. In order to comply with the amended Customer Credit Act 1974 we are required to provide you with this notice. If you have already paid this or have arranged to pay this - thank you. If you are on a payment plan then this notice will not impact the staus of your payment arrangement. No further action is required from you at this point.

The details of your last 2 missed or partly paid payments are as follows

The amount payable for the first of the missed or partly paid payments: £#######

The date on which the above amount became due: 20/03/2009

The amount payable for the second of the missed or partly paid payments:£#######

The date on which the above amount became due: 17/04/2009

Nature of the amount due: This the amount you should of paid (minium payment plus arrears).

Any partial payments made and the date on which that payment was made.

£##### 28/03/2009

However, the imformation above may not include any overlimit amount. Where your balance exceeds your credit limit, and, to comply with your credit agreement. you must also make an immediate payment to bring your balance below your credit limit.

This letter is not a demand and you should continue to refer to your statements for full details of the status of your account.

The remaining total amount payable to clear your arrears is £######. This total is made up of your outstanding minimum payment including any arrears amounts.

Missed and partly made payments

This notice does not give details of missed or partly made payments previously notified whether or not the remain unpaid.

Default sums and interest

You may have to pay default sums and interest in relation to the missed or partly made payments indicated above in addition to any default sums and interest already included in this notice. Please contact us if you would like further details. This notice does not take account of any payment received after the date of the letter.

Office of Fai Trading Information Sheet

This notice should include a copy of the current information sheet on arrears prepared by the Office of Fair Trading. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice, for example on applying for a Time Order as well as right to charge you interest. If it is not included you should contact us to get one. Please refer to the Office of Fair Trading information sheet fopr more information about how to get advice on dealing with your debt.

Please call our feephone number..................

Yours sincerely,

Michael Woodburn

Vice President of Collections

• 1 month later...

I made the complaint to the OFT against crap1 and it seemed to do trick as i heard nothing from them either by phone or letter for nearly a month, then i started having the odd phone call this week and was expecting a letter from a dca but had this instead from their collections again, seem to be going nowhere with this one at the moment.

Notice of default Sums

The following information relates to default sums that became payable on your account from the date when your most recent statement was isssued (you may not have received this yet). This information is being provided to comply with the amended 1974 Consumer Credt Act.

You will notice that you incurred the follwing degfault sums:

Date Incurred Deatails amount

18/05/2009 LATEOR FAILURE TO PAY £12.00

This notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

The total amount of all default sums included in this notice is £12.00

Interest

We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 after we have given you this notice. However if the sums are not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at rate of 26.090%. Since this interest rate is a variable rate, the rate which will apply to the default sum once the 28 days have passed may be different.

If you have a query, plaese call us. Our telephone number is 0800 952 4966. We're here 8am-9pm Monday to Friday, and 8am-6pm saturday and sunday

Yours sincerely,

Michael Woodburn

Vice President of Collections

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I finally received a DN from cap1 on tuesday (23rd) it was sent 1st class but unfortunately they've given me 28 days as from the date on the letter which was the 17th to pay up to date so no luck there:( Guess now i've just got to wait for a letter off the lovely debitas and take from there.

Found it, it states the following

You have broken your capital One Credit Agreement by failing to pay us the minimum monthly repayments described in clause 8 of the agreement.

You mjust pay the amount overdue, shown above. this payment must reach your Capital One account within 28 days of the date of this letter.

Well as soon as they terminate the a/c all they will be able to legally claim are the arrears. The balance will have to be wiped out. :)

Keep that letter very safe for future use & whatever you do don't let on to them about the defective DN.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

received the following letter from cap1 today

IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY

STATEMENT OF DEFAULT

Your Capital One account is now officially in default.

As of the 20/7/2009 you have defaulted and you owe us £#######

1. We have terminated your account. This means you have permanently lost your account and all spending privileges on your card.

2. We now have the right to demand that you pay your full balance immediately. we may add any reasonable costs we incur as a result of recovering the amount owed.

3. We eill notify the credit reference agencies that you have defaulted on your agreement. This may affect your ability to obtain credit from other lenders.

4. We may place your account with, or sell your account to a debt collections agency, which may use door-to-door collectors or begin legal proceedings to recover all sums owed to us.

Our nominated representative will contact you shortly.

I also had a letter from debitas basically giving me 3 days to pay the full amount owed or to discuss an alternative solution.

As the a/c has now been terminated and they messed up by sending me a defective default notice to start with could someone please advise me on the kind of letter to send them.

cheers

Welcome to Cap. 1 Merry-go-round club.

A word of advice, no matter what you send debitarse they will ignore it all, just make sure whatever you do send make sure its sent recorded because one thing they will probably do is set Power(less)2Contact on you because they will say they have lost contact with you, you know, as well as we all do, they are only capable of sending template threat-on-grams.

Sorry I post links to what letters to send them, I'am on the road at the moment so pretty limited to what I can do on my mobile.

Congratulations on having your account 'terminated' the same way as most of us - will they ever learn?

Regards,

Beachy