Creation - Charges for sending letters?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finance with creation consumer finance ltd.

I have made payment every month since taking out the finance, 5 months in i cancelled the direct debit as it was coming out late in the month, I wanted to change it to the 1st/2nd of the month. I cancelled the direct debit with my bank, phoned creation and made payment via credit card over the phone, also setting up a new direct debit in the process, this direct debit was not set up as requested though. I have been issued with a £25 administration charge because the account is in arrears, dated the 31st March 2009, upon receiving the letter I phoned creation made payment for the amount that should have come out via direct, as they agreed to remove the £25 admin charge. It has now become apparent that they took the money from my account included the charge which I did not agree to, is this legal?

Also I have received a letter dated 01st April 2009 (1 day after the first letter) which states that my account is still in arrears, so they added another £25 admin charge! Surely this can't be legal?

Unfortunately I cannot contact them today as they are shut. I did make contct with them yesterday and I was informed that the second letter was a mistake, but that does not wash with me! Who can I report them to if it is illegal what they have done? because I really hate companies like this!

Thanks in advance,

Ian

In the first instance I would write a letter stating the above and demanding the 2 x £25 admin charges are removed.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)