Out of curiosity, reduced hours matter...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This post is just out of my own curiosity, and to pass on a bit of info to my old work colleagues. In my old workplace, the staff have all been given a letter that goes on about the current financial climate being so bad, sales are down, etc. The MD has asked in this letter for staff to reduce their working hours, or an extra day off.

Now, that seems all straight forward, and a few people have agreed to it, knowing it's legally a change to their contract, and are getting new contracts drawn up. the thing is, in the letter, it asks for members of staff to write on the back of the letter any ways they can think of to reduce their hours. By this, I mean, someone could say that they maybe could do a half day on a friday, things like that.

The only thing that is bothering a few of my friends is, the letter also asks them to write any suggestions in reduction of hours/days on the back of the letter, and sign it, so the MD knows who it is off. Is this a sneaky way of the company to get the staff to ,basically, agree to hours being reduced? Could the company say that because the suggestion of reduced hours from a member of staff, on a signed piece of paper, be classed as a legal change to their contract?

I'm only asking on behalf of my friends, and I know this company love to pull a fast one whenever they can!