westcot credit services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello! I'm new on here but would like some advice.

I've read plenty of stuff about the above company on various sites, most of it appalling.:eek:

I have also had various dealings with debt issues in the past.

question - I have recently received a postcard from Westcot, with no name on, just my address. They are asking for the occupier to contact them by telephone and have given a reference no. I have lived at this address for 8 years and have had no outstanding debts from this period.

Should I contact them?

look forward to hearing from you !:)

hi

they are on a phishing trip. place in the ignore pile for now. when they send you a letter with your name on it then come back here and help will be forthcoming

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If it hasn't got your name on it and just has a ref no. I would say it's a fishing excersise. How are you supposed to know what it's about?

Wait till they send you a letter with more relevant details and then CCA them.

The Postcard could be meant for anyone, i would just ignore them unless anyone else with more experienced says differently.

If you do phone make sure you withhold your number or as i did for safety use a Public phone if you use your own phone or mobile they may start ringing you back all hours of the day and night.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Thank you all for your advice:D

I had a horrible feeling that they would get me on the phone and start fishing for information. They sound like a right dubious bunch of characters!

I'll let you know if anything else occurs

thanks again

Thats Westsnot all over for you...ive had threatograms off this lot lately as well, the last 1 has given me till 7th April to pay up or hell will freeze over..needless to say that hell will freeze over before i pay them by 7th April :rolleyes:

Like others have advised you, ignore it. Also, please do report them to OFT, the more people who do this the better.

Anything addressed to 'the occupier' is suspisious and so under no circumstances must you contact them unless you get a letter with your name on it, stating their reasons for contact with you. Also even then only even do things in writing. Never get into conversation with these people on the phoen.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

A debt collector is not allowed to chase third parties for debts, nor are they allowed to use deceptive collection methods & trying to get you as a house holder to contact them without stating why would fall into both catagories.

I'd love to say because of who they are, but being obnoxious little turds isn't against guidelines unfortunately. ;)

aha, just recieved a debt notification! I love the fact that it's so scary to look at....do you think they just went to a graphic designer and gave them the brief "wet your pants intimidating"!

anyway it says the debt is for £254 and for a company called ARG equation. Checked on the internet and they do catalogues.

Now I have had no form of credit for about 9 years and certainly not a catalogue.

What shall I do now? Didn't want to ring until I'd checked it out with you all as you were so helpful!

Is the debt notification in your name?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I sent the letter....I have now got another letter asking me for my last 3 addresses together with the dates.....surely it is not up to me to give them these, that information is readily available through experion and equifax isn't it!!??

Do not give them any information whatsoever..they have no legal authority to anything off you.

Oh & by the way - furthur to my response earlier on this thread...im still waiting for Wescot to take action..i had until 7th April..its now 5th May :rolleyes:

Don't give them anything! They have no right to any information. If they were so sure they had the right person, they wouldn't be asking you for this.

You could either ignore them or tell them they won't be getting any sensitive information from you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi there i have had this twice with wescot now! I simply just emailed them i got there email address from there site and told them i was going to complain about them to the OFT as they were continuosly sending letters to my address which was addressed to the occupiar and i was sick of it and the debt had nothing to do with me!! They did ask for me to give them my previous addresses and so on but i told them NO and if anymore letters arrived i would complain!! And a week later i recieved a letter apologising and they said if any more letters came which was not in my name i was just to write not at this address and then put it in the post box!!! And i have had nothing since!!

You are under no obligation to provide these creatures with any information at all. They shouldn't be chasing you if they aren't certain you are the debtor. In any case, if you've had no credit for 9 years then even if this was yours it would be statute barred.

Whatever you do, don't ring them. Ever. Keep everything in writing.

I've recently dealt with Westcot who were chasing a debt that wasn't mine. I've just ignored them and they've gone away. The sequence was:

- Lurid 'notification of debt'

- Even more lurid 'Creditor's Notice'

- Letter threatening court action

- Letter from Nelson Guest (Westcot pretending to be solicitors) threatening court action

- Letter from Westcot saying that if I didn't pay they'd send the account back to the creditor who might give it to another DCA

- Silence

Well done Mr Ton...come the revolution! ;) and thank you both for your help.....the letter I sent said the burden of proof was with them so I think I shall ignore this one for fear of repeating myself!

By-the-way this letter was very civilised, far more civilised than threatening warning one I got initially