HELP!! parking ticket appeal!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stopped on a single yellow line on a Sunday in Golders Green, London. After 5mins, whilst I was reading the map, a traffic warden has snapped a ticket on my windscreen. I asked them why and they said that it was a restricted street. I drove off straight away (they did not take any photographic evidence) and I went back to the street, there was a sign at the end of the street (not where I have parked) and there is a sign on the opposite of the road saying its the restricted times are Mon-Sat.

So I wrote and appeal against the case. However, they have rejected me.

Here is the letter I sent them and their reply.

I would like to appeal against it again. Is it wise to do so? If yes, please advice me how to win this appeal. Many thanks.

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am writing to make to an appeal in regards to the penalty charge notice issued at 14:32 on the 15th February 2009. At the time, I stopped on a single yellow line of Rodborough Road to look on a map, and within five minutes, I saw two traffic wardens have already issued a penalty ticket without any prior warning. I was charged being ‘parked’ in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

Firstly, my car engine was still on at the time so I did not parked, but stopped on a single yellow line to read the map. Secondly, no visible signs were on the lamp post next to where I have stopped stating that it is a restricted street and I cannot stop there, but a sign across the road states no parking/no stopping Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm, with no mention in regards of being a restricted street. Please see attached photography.

AS a result, I hope that this charge will be weaved and please do not hesitate to contact me further if necessary.

THEIR REPLY:

Traffic Management Act 2004

Thank you for your letter which was received on 27/02/09 regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice which was issued on 15/02/09 at 14:32 to L154HYW on Rodborough Rd NW11 for the contravention Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

We have considered everything in your letter including any evidence enclosed but do not feel that you have made grounds for cancelling the Penalty Charge Notice and as such payment remains due. We have rejected your reasons for cancellation because the Civil Enforcement Officer observed the vehicle parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

I have noted your comments made however you had parked on a restricted yellow line with your vehicle not moving, this penalty charge has been issued correctly.

Because you wrote to us during the period when you could have paid the penalty charge at the reduced amount, you can still pay the reduced amount of £50.00, if the payment is received by this office before the end of the period of 14 days beginning with the date of service of this letter.

If you want to pay, please see the How to Pay section at the end of this letter. If you decide to make a formal appeal, you must not pay the notice, but wait for a Notice to Owner to be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle. At this point, you may not be able to pay the reduced amount.

If you do not pay the reduced amount before the end of the 14 day period mentioned above or pay the full amount of £100.00 before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of service of the PCN, whichever is later, then we will issue a Notice to Owner to the registered keeper of the vehicle. Formal representations against the PCN may be made at that stage and the procedure for doing so and the grounds for making a formal representation will be explained on the Notice to Owner.

I think this needs some of our more learned CAG members on council tickets. Perhaps your post got overlooked but now it is bump'd back up the list they may find it now.