Credit card charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am new to this forum although I have been asking for the credit card charges a while ago with Halifax but although I have closed the account a while ago, and I have changed my surname and address since 2001 when this acc was opened,(I have another older credit acc with them and curr. acc), I belive that they have my new surname in their database updated...Yes? No?.....Do they try to delay everything???

I have received from them 3 letters following my initial (Data Accses.. under the Act 1998 enclosed 10.00 cheque) request in 17 January 2009:

First one 16 Jan09 : -a closing balance 0.00 and saying that "I do hope this meets your requirements"....Who do they think they are?????? I have replied...It is not what I have req. Please send me what I have asked otherwise I will involve the County court.

Second one 26 Jan09 - their reply: - they have asked me if I could call them....

I did mentioned that I am relying on the means teated benefit(Job seekers) in one of my previous letter . Are they entitled to ask me that??? knowing my situation.

Third one - As previously adviced 26 Jan09, we are unable to provide the info req. by you as our records indicate a diferent name and address...

I, then have sent them a letter to say that I am informing the Information Commisioner and Financial Ombudsman...which I did- stil waiting.

Do I have to do anything else??? Court maybe??? Or shall I wait for ICO AND FOS

help please:confused:

Hi,

Are you saying there is no balance on the account but you wish to claim the charges applied to it ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott,

Yes I have closed it down a few years ago(paid it out- hard but done). But I am sure that by asking them to provide me the statements and to reclaim the unfair charges (for the last 6 years) would help me in paying the other one...?

DD

Hi,

Are you saying there is no balance on the account but you wish to claim the charges applied to it ?

Regards.

Scott.

Can't you just phone them, explaining the name and address change.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there,

I will try to call them see what they say but as afar as I know I have to go through all the security to pass through .....and I forgoten the whole thing since....so many passwords to remember these days.

I will try to then I should send another letter see what they say.

Regards,

DD

hI THERE,

I have called them and they asked me to write again but not to mention the Data Protection Act. I then told them that they are in default with my request, statutory time limit and I am due to compensation. I also asked why did they send me only a closing statement sheet instead of all the statements for the last 6 years as per my initial letter? They appologise for that but if i send this letter (not to mention the DPA 1998 and all the addresses i have been since,THEN THEY WILL send me the statements.

Why should I send them all the addresses as from the date I have opened this acc till I have paid it off I was only living on the same address.

What shall I do?????

Once I send this letter without DPA1998 CAN THEY DISPUTE/WIN ANYTHING else but time???

Help please!!!

DD