Hardship cases leaving claimants open to abuse

chomerly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and have a few questions for you.

1) When claiming back charges under hardship, what's was the time frame from applying to getting the money back?

2) Has anyone been offered a poultry amount because they're claiming under hardship?

3) What's the OFT's take on banks abusing the fact that people may take a massively reduced amount offered while claiming under hardship?

It would be really interesting to hear what experiences people have had. I'm going to have to make my claim into a hardship case as i've gone from having 1 full time and 2 part time jobs to just one part time job and i could do with the money big time. :|

Yes,

I have council tax arrears and some utility arrears.

The charges i have claimed for come to just over a six hundred quid and that's not including the ones i've had since i started the claim last summer.

Has anyone tried to apply their charges onto their existing claim or would you have to start a separate claim?

Yes,

I have council tax arrears and some utility arrears.

The charges i have claimed for come to just over a six hundred quid and that's not including the ones i've had since i started the claim last summer.

Has anyone tried to apply their charges onto their existing claim or would you have to start a separate claim?

Include all the charges since 27th July 2001. Make sure if you have had a claim acknowledged in the passed that you make it clear that you want your case to be looked at as financial hardship.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Ok, so that means any charges that i've accumilated since the date i started my claim for charges can be added on?

I'm guessing this may be for a different thread but what about late payment charges for motor insurance accounts? Could i claim for them too?

Ok, so that means any charges that i've accumilated since the date i started my claim for charges can be added on?

I'm guessing this may be for a different thread but what about late payment charges for motor insurance accounts? Could i claim for them too?

All charges for unpaid cheques/direct debits/standing orders, referral charges, unarranged borrowing/maintenance charges and card misuse/guaranteed card payment charges.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Well, i called the bank on friday evening and got nowhere.

I was basically told that if i made sure funds were there at the time of a transaction then there wouldn't have been a charge made to my account and the bank isn't looking to refund charges. Basically telling me no, you can't have your money back.

As a result i'm now 45 quid down before i can even zero my account.

Well, i called the bank on friday evening and got nowhere.

I was basically told that if i made sure funds were there at the time of a transaction then there wouldn't have been a charge made to my account and the bank isn't looking to refund charges. Basically telling me no, you can't have your money back.

As a result i'm now 45 quid down before i can even zero my account.

Who did you call? Did you call the team that deal with hardship or a call centre?

Try this one 0845 3030 456. I think they are open until 6pm tonight.

It was a call centre. I explained to the person that i was struggling financially at the moment because i've lost my main job and only have my part time job left. I also explained that the charge is placing more burden on me.

The person i was talking to at the time then put my through to the credit services team and that's when i was told what i explained in my last post.