• Tweets

• The digital bank has introduced three new plans - Extra, Perks and Max - replacing its existing Plus and Premium plans for new customers.View the full article
    • Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Northwick Park Hospital Parking Ticket issued by Apcoa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have searched the forum and other people seem to have similar issues with Apcoa.

I attended a 14:00 hospital appointment at St. Marks Hospital (Northwick Park Hospital) on Thursday 12th March 2009 and was unable to park in a designated disabled bay due to none being available, so I parked in a bay next to one and displayed the blue badge.

At 16:20 we went back to our car to discover we had a parking ticket issued at 16:12 by Apcoa "The World of Parking" for the reason on the ticket "has a blue badge but not in a disabled bay". I have parked in a standard bay before and have had no problems.

The penalty is for £10.00. I wrote a letter to inform them I refuse to pay the parking fine due to displaying my blue badge and there were no available disabled bays at the time, there were in fact many normal bays available.

I today received a letter saying that the penalty notice has been upheld and that I must pay the £10 within 14 days otherwise failure to do so will occur additional costs. I am wondering what I should do now, should I write another letter telling them I refuse to pay?

I noticed on the back of the penalty notice it mentioned breach of contract codes (what contract)

1) Parking without displaying valid proof of payment

2) parking without displaying a valid parking permit

3) parking in a fire access or emergency vehicle areas

4) parking on yellow or hatched line

5) parking outside a designated parking bay

6) parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid blue disabled badge.

on the front of the ticket it says breach of contract number (1) but displaying a blue badge I don't need a ticket?

I received bad news that day and getting this ticket made it worse, their reply seemed very template like to me too.

Edited by dn2004

Of course it's a template. There is no appeals process - it's a private company and they'll never turn down profit.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any further letters, no matter how threatening

• they will give up and go away.

These seem like a bottom feeder company if they're only after a tenner. They'll send you plenty of threats, but I don't think they'll take you to court for £10 somehow!

I wasn't aware it is a mistake to write to the PPC does it mean I will have more hassle sorting it out?

Looking at the "ticket" I cannot find penalty or fine. It says first management group on the "ticket", but the letter reply came from Apcoa, weird.

It says on the front;

NOTICE of breach of contract to park at any car park owned or managed by first management group.

The car parks are regulated by the contract to park, displayed at each car park. By entering the property and its car park(s) you have agreed and contracted to be legally bond by that contract.

DETAILS OF CAR

In breach of the contract number "01" or as described "has a blue badge but not in disabled bay"

In consideration of which you have agreed to pay the sum of twenty five pound (£25.00)

on the back;

How to pay providing payment is received by first management group within fourteen days of the issue of this notice, a sum of £10.00 will be accepted in full and final settlement.

Thereafter first management group will only accept full payment of £25.00 to be received within 30 days of the date of this notice.

Should payment not be received within this time a summons will be issued in the county court were judgement will be sought for debt to include any and all costs incurred in recovery.

Any written challenge must be received at the address shown within fourteen days of the date of this notice. First management group car park staff cannot void this penalty.

Digital photographs may have been taken to assist in the issuing of this cpn for the offence described.

Penalty Notice Dept.

First Management Group

Level 1, Multi-storey Car Park

Northwick Park Hospital

Watford Road Harrow

HA13UJ

TEL: 02088693803

Hope this is enough information

Even for a PPC, this has to be the most disingenuous reason for a noddy ticket ever.

Just for posterity:

has a blue badge but not in a disabled bay

To answer your question, sorting this out requires no hassle whatsoever. All you need to do is ignore them. When they write to you again (which they will, so don't be surprised by more letters), you should put it in a drawer and otherwise ignore it. The tone of the letters will no doubt range from threatening to pleading, but they should all be ignored.

In the most miniscule event that you should receive stamped court papers, then you should post them here.

Otherwise, just keep on ignoring them.

Hi

I have searched the forum and other people seem to have similar issues with Apcoa.

I attended a 14:00 hospital appointment at St. Marks Hospital (Northwick Park Hospital) on Thursday 12th March 2009 and was unable to park in a designated disabled bay due to none being available, so I parked in a bay next to one and displayed the blue badge.

At 16:20 we went back to our car to discover we had a parking ticket issued at 16:12 by Apcoa "The World of Parking" for the reason on the ticket "has a blue badge but not in a disabled bay". I have parked in a standard bay before and have had no problems.

The penalty is for £10.00. I wrote a letter to inform them I refuse to pay the parking fine due to displaying my blue badge and there were no available disabled bays at the time, there were in fact many normal bays available.

I today received a letter saying that the penalty notice has been upheld and that I must pay the £10 within 14 days otherwise failure to do so will occur additional costs. I am wondering what I should do now, should I write another letter telling them I refuse to pay?

I noticed on the back of the penalty notice it mentioned breach of contract codes (what contract)

1) Parking without displaying valid proof of payment

2) parking without displaying a valid parking permit

3) parking in a fire access or emergency vehicle areas

4) parking on yellow or hatched line

5) parking outside a designated parking bay

6) parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid blue disabled badge.

on the front of the ticket it says breach of contract number (1) but displaying a blue badge I don't need a ticket?

I received bad news that day and getting this ticket made it worse, their reply seemed very template like to me too.

Usual PPC nonsense. As the posters have advised-ignore. Interesting that APCOA runs the hospital car park-its usually CP Plus that have those contracts. Nevertheless- ignore

Thanks for all your replys I shall be ignoring all future correspondents and will post if I receive any more info.

This is a very useful forum and my first time posting after lurking for so long, I may need some help with an Abbey account in the near future I will obviously post in the correct section!

• 8 months later...

As a blue badge holder I had the very same happen to me today. APCOA actually put their 'pointless paperwork' on my windscreen while I was trying to get some cash to pay for the parking, as the signs stated blue badge holders had to park in designated bays.

I firstly tried to get cash from the hospitals only cashpoint machine, only to find it broken. Then I went to APCOA's on site office. The unnecessarily rude employee there told me I could not pay there as I was parked in an outside car park, but told me to move my car to the inside car park, then he would be able to accept payment if I presented him with a ticket - why he couldn't just accept payment and issue a ticket is still baffling me. Anyway, I got back to move the car to find a yellow unlucky bag on my windscreen from APCOA.

The APCOA employee had just finished my ticket, so when I asked if I could sort it out at the office, he assured me it was possible. So, after my appointment in the hospital I went to their office, only to find the same employee behind the screen. Perhaps I misunderstood his broken english when I initially spoke to him, but he was now saying I only had two options. I could either pay the £10 or appeal, but after reading the various posts on here, I won't be doing either.

Feeling generous, I did offer to pay the original parking fee,but they won't accept it. So, as they won't accept my offer, it seems they won't be getting a penny from me - oh dear,what a shame.

On a serious note I will be taking it further with the hospital trust, who should be ashamed of themselves, allowing these evil vultures to control their car parks. I also hope the numerous times I've mentioned APCOA in my post will bring more people to this site via google searches.;)

Sorry for the lack of updates. About three months ago I received a letter telling me they will send it to court, I ignored it and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully I have won.

The hospital should supply more disabled parking in my opinion as there is very few spaces for such a large car park. If this company harrasses me again, I think I may also have to contact the hospital trust and complain.

Update:

And to make things worse these idiots gave us a parking ticket in October even though we paid and displaid! We sent a copy of the car park ticket and the penalty ticket and have yet to hear anything back... do they get morons to patrol the car parks or something?

Edited by dn2004
Additional Info

Sorry for the lack of updates. About three months ago I received a letter telling me they will send it to court, I ignored it and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully I have won.

Hopefully you should have heard the end of them although some PPC/Solicitors (GrahamWhite) have started making the occasional phone call when the threats have failed.

As initially mentioned the problem is the the lack of disabled spaces which seems strange for a hospital carpark and definatley one the hospital should be picked up on

Court would be very out of character for a PPC as they do not like loosing and picking on a disabled person is bad publicity (as if they needed more)

General rule is ignore evything they send - the only thing that needs a reply is a properly served court document complete with claim number and court seal