Parking Tickets - Valid Or Not

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a parking ticket for parking outside the box - was guilty as hell (they had photos to back the charge) so I paid the £30.

Some time later I was showing my ticket to a friend of mine, he noticed (in his opinion) the letter format for my registration mark on the ticket was not correct. I had not noticed this but on closer inspection the letter O was shown as 0.

Since I have three letter O in my reg, which on the parking ticket showed as 000 not OOO. I took legal advice and sure enough my ticket was cancelled despite the Council claim that since I had already paid, there was no re-course for appeal.

I wonder how many invalid parking tickets are issued with this error. I was informed the hand held printers the parking wardens use, the format for both O and 0 are printed as 0.

Please check and recent parking tickets issued, you might be surprised to find there is an error if your reg has a Zero or O.

good luck