02/Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just as I thought I had heard the last from Lowell, they have re-surfaced with an introductory letter from themselves and a NOA stating they have bought a debt from O2 :mad:. However, this contract was cancelled aaaaaaages ago (about 3yrs) and is in fact showing as settled on my credit file back in 2006 :-x

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of a letter to send informing them that i don't need their letters for toilet paper as I have moved up in the world and now buy Tesco Value ones :D

thank you :)

xx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that :)

What I do find rather odd is that the NOA was sent in the same envelope as the one from Lowell, both dated the same date, both with the same barcode in the top left hand corner and both with a little code down in the bottom right hand corner with 1 number difference between them. Since when did O2 sit next to Lowell in the office i wonder :rolleyes:

Thank you for that :)

What I do find rather odd is that the NOA was sent in the same envelope as the one from Lowell, both dated the same date, both with the same barcode in the top left hand corner and both with a little code down in the bottom right hand corner with 1 number difference between them. Since when did O2 sit next to Lowell in the office i wonder :rolleyes:

Please send a copy of that letter to Companies House asking if it represents a breach of Company Regulations since it was sent by Lowells not O2.

CH are already on Lowells case over this behaviour, the more the merrier, the bigger the fine etc.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Please send a copy of that letter to Companies House asking if it represents a breach of Company Regulations since it was sent by Lowells not O2.

CH are already on Lowells case over this behaviour, the more the merrier, the bigger the fine etc.

Will do :) It's concerning though that the DCA's can produce letters like this whenever they want, even if the account was settled with the OC, like mine! But even more concerning is why O2 sold this so called debt at the beginning of this year yet it was settled yonks ago :confused: It was never defaulted and was run perfectly until the end where they messed up a bit in closing the account resulting in a status 2 on the credit report but the last month showed 0 upon closure.

If you haven't seen it before here's Lowells on Watchdog over mobile phone debts that 'aren't'.

Look out for the little black square (datamatrix) on the letters from '3' proving they are really letters from Lowells.

Link to BBC Watchdog

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

This has been debated on here regarding many OCs and DCAs and it appears that the OC gives the DCA permission/asks to send the NOA for them.

Lowell are the leaders in Mass Debating :-o

This has been debated on here regarding many OCs and DCAs and it appears that the OC gives the DCA permission/asks to send the NOA for them.

N of A's ar useless unless properly 'Served' in accordance with S 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925

If you haven't seen it before here's Lowells on Watchdog over mobile phone debts that 'aren't'.

Look out for the little black square (datamatrix) on the letters from '3' proving they are really letters from Lowells.

Link to BBC Watchdog

ooooooooooo I have one of them too! The little tinkers! tut tut, so Lowells telling Watchdog that they are reviewing their system is a load of tosh, coz they have obviousely done diddly squat :-x

N of A's ar useless unless properly 'Served' in accordance with S 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925

My NOA wasn't signed so does that mean it hasn't been served properly?

Anyone could have typed that up on headed paper so without a signature and name to confirm that it has been officially issued by the OC surely it would be invalid?......oh hang on, 'anyone' did! They go by the name of Lowells!

Are lowells anything to do with moorcroft?

The reason i ask is that out of the blue i have had a letter from this lowell portfolio I about a debt from O2 that was with moorcroft. I had diputed the debt with 02 but they passed it on anyway. I then disputed the debt with moorcroft (i paid half the debt, god knows why) who happily avised they would take it up with 02 but instead, fabricated a payment agreement and then told me i defaulted on it. after writing to them about this they closed the account and refered it back to 02.

This was two years ago! during which time no communication has been sent from anybody.

Now this lowells show up after the other half and dont know what to make of it. They state the reason why the balance is due:

" 02 (uk) sent you a final bill with a breakdown of your balance which is made up of: call charges/line rental £55.15"

They have sent me nothing. I assume that like others dca's they are not on the level but i have never heard of them before this.

looks like the leeds losers are the "new owners"

well known for buying debts that are statute barred.unenforable or just do not exist:rolleyes:

they will try their arm now,to get payment where others have failed by any means they can,

send them the prove it letter,see what they come back with.

do not sign.and do not speak to them on the phone they will lie and threaten all the way,

would also report to oft and ts. as yet again lowell have brought a debt that is in dispute:mad:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Thanks I will send the letter. I was going to call on Monday but now I will not bother. Although after my experience dealing with Moorcroft I dont know what a spoken conversation would have achieved anyway.

Have just checked my experian credit report and it shows the account with o2 as settled with no balance and has been like this ever since i began to check my report, which was about a year ago. There is no record at all of any agreement with moorcroft, probably because there wasnt one as they had just made it up without my consent.

Thanks I will send the letter. I was going to call on Monday but now I will not bother. Although after my experience dealing with Moorcroft I dont know what a spoken conversation would have achieved anyway.

Have just checked my experian credit report and it shows the account with o2 as settled with no balance and has been like this ever since i began to check my report, which was about a year ago. There is no record at all of any agreement with moorcroft, probably because there wasnt one as they had just made it up without my consent.

eleventh comandment.

dca must lie at all costs.

ALLEGEDLY:eek:

Lowells caught out again. LINK

Debt collection agencies feed on live flesh. In these dark times there must be a surplus of legitimate prey to nourish them, but they will swoop just as greedily on unfortunates who happen to share a name or an ex-address of a defaulter. And once they have sunk their teeth into you, it is frighteningly hard to break free, as Gareth Stanton has spent five years discovering. The Lowell Group is convinced that he owes Barclays Bank a large sum of money and sends him regular letters demanding it. The fact that Stanton has never banked with Barclays and has spent many years telling them so does not abash them in the slightest. Occasionally, catlike, they will allow him a few months' breather, then pounce again. Now other debt collectors have begun aggressively prowling. "I receive continuous phone calls," he says, "and it's obvious that the staff regard me as some sort of criminal."

Debt collection agencies are licensed and regulated by the Office of Fair Trading, which last year condemned an unnamed number of them for unfair practices, including pursuing innocent victims and failing to investigate disputed cases. A common cause is sloppy data checking when the companies purchase debts. Stanton's case, though, is more sinister. Lowell, which, having ignored Stanton for five years, gets back to me within a week, explains that the three debts it purchased were in the name of a Gareth Stanton who shared the same birth date as our reader and lived a mile from him. The obvious conclusion is that he is a victim of identity fraud ('must be Identity fraud' is the new 'must be computer error' in the updated debt collectors book of dodges).

Lowell, mortified (at being caught out surely) that it did not investigate Stanton's protests earlier, has offered to help cleanse his name by contacting the three credit bureaux and the police. It will also pay him compensation. Anyone wrongly hounded by debt collectors can now complain to the Financial Services Authority. Citizens Advice Bureaux will also take up cases.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

Interesting - my friend is also being pursued by lowell for an 02 debt - the notice of assignment also came in the same letter as the one from Lowells - not recorded.

So if the NOA has not been served correctly what does that mean?

Thats how mine turned up too. A letter from "o2" (well it had their logo at the top) saying the debt had been passed on and that all communications had to go through Lowells and providing an address that was slightly different to the one on the lowells letter(which was a PO Box one) I have written to the one on the o2 letter as it looked more like a proper address. I didnt really pay much attention to it at first but now i think about, it is is a bit odd. Why would a letter from two different companies come in the same unmarked envelope? I always thought o2 used envelopes with their logo all over them

Have just checked my credit report and it still shows my o2 account as settled and satisfactory.

However, I noticed that an unrecorded enquiry has been made by Lowells financial on 27/02/09. The letter that they sent last week advised that a debt was passed over to them from o2 on 02/04/09. So why are they looking ay my credit file a month beforehand.

Is this normal?

normal for lowell.on mine 18 months before,listed as trace,strange that as lived in same house for nearly twenty years.:rolleyes:

and left default on sisters 5 month before barclays claim to have sold it to them.:confused: