Howard Cohen, oh dear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And since it is within the time limit of the 'judgment being entered' ask them exactly how much you would need to pay them to make a F & F payment to stop the CCJ being put on the County Court register. Obviously you would need the amount in writing and really quickly if you are to pay in full and stop it being registered.:rolleyes:

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Email reply from SRA

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email of 5 April 2009.

I have passed your query to the Legal Complaints Service team who will be able to assist you. If you would like to contact them directly their contact details are as follows:

Legal Complaints Service

Victoria Court

8 Dormer Place

Leamington Spa

Warwickshire CV32 5AE

Tel: 0845 608 6565

e-mail: [email protected]

I hope that this information is helpful.

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Yours sincerely

Claire Harris

Contact Centre Officer

Solicitors Regulation

Hi folks,

I'm in court with HC+CL this week and I am looking for examples of vexatious litigation by them

For this, I include any of the following:

1) The infamous "we have gained judgment" (when they havent) letter - the more examples of this the better

2) Any examples of lack of compliance with court orders, for example -

a) failure by HC/CL to enter an AQ by the time stated by the court

b) failure to comply with disclosure where a court has ordered it

c) failure to show in court for hearing

3) any examples of their claims being struck out by the court for the above and other issues

4) any examples (I think this covers most people) where they started a court claim less than 10 days after the date of the first "we own this account" letter they sent you

If I can get as manay examples of this as possible I'm hoping to get a judge to consider a vexatious litigant order, preventing them from carrying on this farce against us and others

As you can see, I am a long term ember of CAG and I am sure many long term members would guarantee my authenticity

I make this point because if you are willing, I would require the details above, plus

i) the court the action took place at

ii) the claim number

If anyone knows of others that are not on this thread but have had the issues, could you please ask them to view this and consider replying?

I would ask that anyone who is prepared to pass details does so via PM

Thanks all

Hi NCF

Anything you need please let me know

Mightyacorn

Further email from SRA:-

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have passed your email to our Designations Team. Your matter will be made into file and a member of this Organisation will contact you in due course.

If you have any further queries, you may wish to contact the Legal Complaints Helpline on 0845 6086565 and speak with one of our helpline agents. Our lines are open between 8 am and 6 pm Monday to Friday. Please note calls may be monitored/recorded for training purposes.

Yours sincerely

Email Enquiries Team

Customer Contact Centre

Nothing from Watchdog, or anybody else for that matter yet.

hope you did not say this

due to her demise.

They may thinks she has died;)

I see what you mean, but I was actually refering to her business demise, not to her physical demise (I think)

MA....there are some links here that might assist you....is it a 149 ? or a 150 ?

Link Financial County Court Summons - N150

Directions for N150 or N149 Allocation questionnaire - PT's guide to N149 & N150 AQ's

Allocation Questionnaire...Urgent help needed please!!! - N150

Court papers received- what now??!!**WON**CASE DISMISSED - N149 (with draft order for directions)

upto the eyeballs v CL Finance No CCA IN COURT ** Help ** - N150

The dreaded court claim came today... - N150

• 3 weeks later...

i'm no expert but IMO it's not for cohens to decide which track the claim goes on and until such time as the court allocates the track the 32.14 request must be responded to

i haev the feeling that this company probably advertises itself to creditors as a company that will hit hard and fast to make debtors pay up

just keep all of the letters

myself i would definately have phoned or e mailed nicky campbell at watchdog - they would LOVE this story (and they would keep your real identity secret)

myself i would definately have phoned or e mailed nicky campbell at watchdog - they would LOVE this story (and they would keep your real identity secret)

I've emailed and phoned Watchdog, but no joy

It's worth pointing out that the 'Howard Cohen' name is used by Lewis Group aka CL Finance aka Lewis DS (Debt Solutions), part of the Cattals group, which also own Welcome Finance.

NONE of the documents are actually issued by the true firm of solicitors, who are based in Leeds. Lewis have shiny new offices several miles down the M62 in Cleckheaton and there is a room which says 'Howard Cohen' on the door, so their staff know which letterheaded paper to put in the printer inside. The only solicitors likely to be in that building are those that moonlight in the red light district...

It's all part of the threat-o-gram chain that they send letters out in a certain sequence and it seems nobody halts issue of the 'Judgment has been entered against you' letter if you file a defence, it's printed automatically so many days since the last threat was sent.

That's how they will explain away the letter being sent out, they've done it before, many times.

It's wrong, of course it is, but don't expect the powers that be to get a result that will see Lewis Group get more than a finger wagged at them. They'll keep on doing it because they know it gets results.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

That is absolutely outrageous - and equally outrageous that OFT/FOS etc are not dealing with them very severely - like confiscating their licence.

DD

Hi DD

Yes, quiet agree with you about OFT/FOS had a letter from OFT about another DCA and spoke to FOS on the phone.

They both seem to be taking the softly softly approach, wouldn't put it past them in doing a deal with the banks:eek:.

Gaz

Hi

I've just read through this thread and a thought strikes me. This firm of solicitors must surely be in breach of some code fo practice in allowing another organisation (call it what you will) to use their offical stationery, purporting to be written by the solicitor themselves whilst the letters are clearly not. Surely that could be construed as unprofessional if not unlawful? Is this not a case of misrepresentation or impersonating an officer of the court?

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

MA, this is totally outrageous, I would hope that you get the opportunity to raise this issue in court.

I hope your wife is now feeling slightly less stressed. x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

MA, this is totally outrageous, I would hope that you get the opportunity to raise this issue in court.

I hope your wife is now feeling slightly less stressed. x

That will be the annoying part, I suppose, if they don't turn up, then we will not be able to present our case as vexacious, etc. But why,oh,why are these gobs****s being allowed to get away with this, why is the SRA, OFT etc, not taking action against them.....

OFT are known for sitting on the fence.

SRA should certainly be taking this seriously. If not, why not?

I think I will give them another week, that will have given them a full month, then go and see my MP, I've emailed him with the details already. I WILL kick up a fuss.

You have a new PM - we might be able to get some publicity from these (ahh, I might as well edit my own words!!!) as it ties in with a similar rogue element who call themselves solicitors.

Good luck.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Unfortunately one of the "visitors" on here will have already informed Howie C about your plans

The vistors on here might be too busy using there time to look for another job as cattles is going under becaue it won't be able to meet it's debt obligation. Will someone please report these turkeys as they will continue to do this until someone slaps there wrists.

REPORT THEM, REPORT THEM ALL

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 4 weeks later...

Phone call and email received this afternoon, from S.R.A.:-

20 May 2009

Dear Mr

Regulating the profession

Your report about Howard Cohen & Co

I write further to our telephone conversation on 20 May 2009. As discussed, in order to deal with the concern you have raised we are passing the matter to Gordons LLP, a firm of solicitors working on our behalf. The firm will be using Solicitors Regulation Authority letter headed paper in this matter, to make it clear that they are working under contract to us. A member of staff from Gordons LLP will contact you soon. As explained, a copy of your initial correspondence has been sent to the subject of your report.

Gordons LLP of 14 Piccadilly, Bradford BD1 3LX, will consider the information that you have provided and carry out any investigation, which may be necessary. The Solicitors Regulation Authority will inform you of the final decision.

If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact me at the above address or on the number below. It would be helpful if you quote the reference number provided above when contacting me.

Yours sincerely

Joann Ashley

Customer Services Officer

Conduct Investigation Unit

I have heard nothing from OFT, or Watchdog or You and Yours.

Hmmm, bradford, a little close to the cohen home:( old boy network?..........or maybe its just me being cynical

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site