• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jellybabe vs cahoot loan (flexi)

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok then. i got this cahoot flexi loan and the rate increases i had on there are just unbelievable.The account was opened in 2001 i believe.

I can now not maintain the payments no more and not sure which way to go first. Trying to arrange a reduced payment or send for my CCA.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I attempted this in 2008, but never got round to sending for my CCA. Wished now that i would have done.

thaks,

jellybabe

First send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there;

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance. (Optional addition)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully **Edit to suit**

(Print do not sign signature)

Hi Jellybabe

Good luck with your fight against Cahoot!

I suspect if they send you anything it will be the same as the one posted here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cahoot/122028-cahoot-credit-agreement.html

Thats what I (and most others) have received.

Cerberus do you mind commenting on the agreement on that thread above (by undersiege) and letting us know if it looks enforcable?

Sorry to hijack your thread jelly but it may help you out too!;)

Royal Mail website still only shows :

Item DWxxxxxxxxxx has been accepted at xxxxxxxxxxx(post office adress where i sent it from) at 03/04/09???

Has anyone had this before?

I wonder if they received my CCA request now or not. No proof if royal mail ain't showing it

Hi Jelly

Yeah I had a few of these as well (I think Cahoot was one of them!) They DID receive it though and sent a reply (usually a "run around" reply in the first instance), especially if you didn't sign the letter(Which you shouldn't have!)

If they dont reply after the allowed time limit just send the next letter (the "failed to comply" one)

Thanks keith,

Glad i'm not the only one then. Will wait and see what comes from Cahoot.

Did not sign, actually do not sign any letters no more. Just print my name out and put a line through the bottom of my first letter so i can actually see if they to cheat.

Don't trust any of those no more!

Just had another Deafult Notice from Argos (sent for agreement on the 02/04), and i am slowly losing my will to fight and to live.

oh yeah, my Argos thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/193748-jellybabevs-argos-store-card.html

Damn it, and i just noticed i spelled jellybabe wrong on my Thread title!

Never mind!

thanks,

jellybabe

Hi Jelly

Please don't worry as (many others here will tell you the same) until they have supplied you with the correct documents AND they are enforceable they cannot do a thing! No matter how much they threaten, without the correct docs they don't have a leg to stand on!

Keith

Hi everyone,

hope you had a good easter.

I have today received my cca for the Flexi loan and they also sent me my cca's for the current account and Credit card. I also received my postal order back.

Unfortunately they all look ok to me. But will scan them in later for someone knowledgable to have a quick glance at them.

Hi Jelly

On first impressions they would indeed "seem" enforceable, however I am NOT an expert so I am in the process in getting a second opinion!

Will post back when I hear anything.

Lets hope someone else see's this thread who has more expertise in these areas!

Keith

i am thinking about sending this letter to my creditors (i found it on a different thread):

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxxxxx

I regret to inform you that I am no longer able to maintain minimum payments on the above account.

I have set out an outline of my Income/Expenditure below, which details my present financial circumstances. As you can see from these figures, I am only able to offer you £xx per month at this time in line with my other creditors and would therefore be grateful if you could suspend all interest/charges until such times as I can resume normal payments.

For your information, I have today credited the account with £xx and will continue to do so each and every month until further notice (amend this if you're unable to pay anything now).

Personal Budget Sheet

Income (£ monthly)

Salary xxx

Tax Credits xxx

Child Benefit xx

Total : xxx

Outgoings (£ monthly)

Housing costs xxx

Council Tax xx

Gas xx

Electricity xx

Water xx

Insurance xx

Food xxx

Clothing xxx

Transport to Work xxx

School Meals xx

Household xx

Telephone xx

TV Licence xx

(Amend as applicable)

Total : x,xxx

Other Debt (1) xx

Other Debt (2) xx

This company (3) xx

(Amend as applicable)

Grand Total : x,xxx

I can only apologise for being unable to maintain the minimum payments and hope that you will see this letter as a sincere attempt to deal with my situation in a responsible way.

I would also like to state that I whilst I am not willing to entertain any callers and/or agents in connection with your company, I will nevertheless ensure that my payment reaches you by post within the timescales you currently use. However, if you would prefer these payments to be made direct to a bank account of your own, then I would be grateful for a payment book to be posted to me by return.

Yours faithfully,

Not quite sure how to fill it in. All my wages goes to Debts. Well, even more than that. I have never got enough money anyway.

My husbands wages pay all the other things.

Do i just delete all this stuff and input all my creditors instead?

I would do it in one of 2 ways, either group your combined income and then take out ALL your expenditures before your creditors, OR just put down your contributions to the essentials (you do pay half of everything don't you;)) and see whats left after that?

Whichever way you work it out that suits you better. I also believe that £1 is the statutory minimum you pay to creditors if you can prove you are "negative" after you have tallied all your income/expenditure?

At the end of the day you can't pay what you don't have! You'll probably find most companies take anything as its in their interests to keep you "on the books" for as long as possible!

Having said all of that don't give up hope that these agreements are not enforceable!

Thanks again Keith,

you are very kind. All of you on here are.

don't give up hope that these agreements are not enforceable!

I'll try, but i don't see much of a chance there to be honest.Shame, i could have really done without that one. My life would be so much easier and i would be able to manage a lot more.

Sometimes i feel like it's not worth living like that. :-(

But i've got my kids to live for. That is worth more than anything else.

I Agree families are whats important:)

Please try to remember, unsecured debt is only a short term problem, they cannot put you in prison or anything scary like that! You have to remember whats important in your life and not let these "people" take over.

I'll report back when I hear anything on the flexible loan agreement!

have a good weekend!:D