Welcome finance statement help

whufc77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I took out a £2000 loan with wf back in feb 2007 for a 2 year duration. Last year when i lost my job 3 payments went a little wonkey, but i soon recovered when i found a job and could only make the minimal direct payment out of my account. While i was missing the 3 payments welcome would ring me up and would happily say the missing 3 payments could be paid at the end of the term( effectivly over 2yrs 3 months). They did not tell me that i would be accruing extra charges on my account daily! for these missed payments. So imagine my suprise when i rang up last week and still found that i owed £1200. I am shoked that they did not tell me that they were going to penalise me for these payments. I hit them with a S.A.R and they sent the statements through!

To make matters worse i cant even work out from their statements they sent me, to what i can claim back? i have posted these statements for all to see any help would be greatly appreciated. I should have 3 payments left to the value of £450, 3 x £145ish so someware along the line i have inherited a further £750 in interest

If somebody kind enough could spare me a few moments of thier time i would be greatly appreciative i have atatched the 3 statements.

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/whufc77/statementno1.jpg

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/whufc77/statementno2.jpg

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/whufc77/statementno3.jpg

Kind Regards

Whufc77

Edited by whufc77
isorted the issue with the statements, thank you!

FACUP FINALISTS 06:D !

abbey- (the last fish to fry!)

lloyds tsb- £2458-lba sent 20/7/06

Barclaycard-£580, request sent 20/7/06

Tesco Finance -awaiting statements, !every little helps! 20/7/06

I am in a similar position.

I asked Welcome for a copy of my agreement (June 2007) under CCA and all I received back was one A4 scanned page which is virtually unreadable due to the small size of the print.

They also sent through my statement which is littered with charges for "Add Hoc" fees, telephone fees, letter fees and outside letter fees.:confused:

I am not sure I can try to claim any of the charges back as it is a post-April 2007. I will keep searching on here though.

whufc77, did they aslo send you a copy of your agreement with the sar?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 months later...

No i dont have PPI but i do have something called life 24, for which they charged me £195.00.. Any ideas?

Kind regards

whufc77

Life 24 is a PPI. I would start trying to claim these charges back, it costs them nothing to tell you the card payment was declined whether you phoned them up or went in office to pay them you were there so they knew at the time, and yeah capitalisation and interest...it states on the statement they are the same thing, I'd love to know what the ad hoc fee's are for... thats like me saying I have written on here and am going to charge you £5 for writing plus and extra £5 cos I feel like it.

some of the more knowledgeable caggers will be able to tell you the process but seriously start a claim back if you can...

do you have the original agreement? if so can you scan it on too please

Today i worked out the full extent of my wf account!

I have come to realise that i missed 4 payments over the course of a 2 year plan. The loan should of finished its final payment back in february. I thought i should extend the payments over a further 4 months. After making payments in March, April, May, and June 09, all payments have been covered which leaves me asking, what shall i do next?

I rang and spoke to my account manager last month and he said that i still owe about £1000. It was a civil conversation and i asked what can i do appart from cancelling the direct debit mandate (and quoting unfair penalty charges that i have recieved back off of the bank).

Fair play to the chap he advised me against this because of the debt on the account, he said write in and we will open negotiations on the account because we (welcome finance) do not want to be left with a bad debt, and of course damaging my credit rating. Not forgetting the harrassment calls etc etc! But im still not to sure think i might cancel the dd, and bite the bullet!

So in a nutshell the charges are in my pocket, not in a financial institution, so how do i go about keeping them this way?

Basically im looking for advice and a letter that i could send them.

Kind Regards

Whufc77

Thank you (the Wife)

Yes i do have a copy of the original Agreement buts its a copy that i requested. So you guessed it they posted it out with really small text size!:(

I can read what it says, i will have a go later of magnifying it and then posting it.

Kind regards

Whufc77

Life 24 (or Lifecare 24) is a lump sum life insurance policy, which would pay out a lump sum in the event or your death! Do you have the policy documents?

The £750 added to your loan is the charges for 4 missed payments plus the interest on those charges.

• 1 year later...