1st Credit/ Marbles/ HFC/ Aviemore Funding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No response from 1st credit (even thought I know they got the letter) or HBOS, or the OFT. I faxed the letter to 1st Credit again on Thursday, but no reply.

Today I received a threat-o-gram from HL Legal saying I failed to respond to CapQuest's last letter, and pay up by the 27th or it's court.

HFC's non response to my CCA request makes this agreement unenforceable but I really could do without all this hassle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken on the phone with 1st credit. They said that HFC have taken the account back in house, and I should be dealing with CapQuest now. Why a) they didn't tell me this on the phone last time, or b) didn't respond to my letter/ fax is beyond me.:mad:

They know the rules regarding collection on accounts in dispute. Report any that are trying to collect if the accounts are in default due to lack of CCA.

You can do that by using letter number 2 in the following link. Just amend "invalid cca" to "no cca"

The Consumer Forums - Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs. 2008

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Will get the letter off. In fairness to CapQuest, they probably don't know about my CCA request to HFC -- although I intend to enlighten them to that fact in my response letter :D.

I was wondering: should I include a copy of the so-called "true copy" I received from HFC in my response as supporting documentation, or should I make them hunt for it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while.

Glad to report that CapQuest have now backed off, and are happy to let me continue the arrangement I had with HFC.:)

I've also received a reply from the OFT saying they will look into the matter, and asking my permission to circulate and publish the details -- although they say they will keep my name and contact details confidential. As I haven't told them anything more than I've posted here, I'm happy to oblige.

A good result all round :D.

Thats good news Uptoneck!

I just wondered how your making your token payments? I only ask as I've heard that payments to HFC Bank will no longer be diverted to RBOS and may incur a charge if the payments aren't sent to RBOS...although RBOS don't offer Standing orders, just debit/credit cards or bank giro.

xx

• 2 weeks later...
Thats good news Uptoneck!

I just wondered how your making your token payments? I only ask as I've heard that payments to HFC Bank will no longer be diverted to RBOS and may incur a charge if the payments aren't sent to RBOS...although RBOS don't offer Standing orders, just debit/credit cards or bank giro.

xx

I'm making them to CrapQuest via Direct Debit.

Today I finally received confirmation from HBOS that the account has been sold to CapQuest, and that I should pay them and not 1st Credit (only taken them a couple of months to reply).

I the same post I also received an income and expenses form that CapQuest specify must be returned to their office by...

...today! :mad:. It's dated the 15th, so it's only taken a week to reach me. I can fax it, but that's not the point.

I refuse to use DD as some of these sneaky critters change the amount and then say it's their right to..grr :mad:

I agree with last post as in they don't have the right to ask you for anything of the sort! I was asked the same thing by another DCA and told them to Foxtrot Oscar pretty sharpish.

Capquest are pretty lame to be fair, so I wouldn't stress about their deadlines. They are taking the p' and they know it!

xx

I don't think a DD is the wisest way,it's too easy for them to take what they want from your account.

I would be inclined to cancel the DD and pay by Standing Order, that keeps you in control of any payments you want to make.

Where did you get the info that RBOS doesn't take SO's?

I refuse to use DD as some of these sneaky critters change the amount and then say it's their right to..grr :mad:

I agree with last post as in they don't have the right to ask you for anything of the sort! I was asked the same thing by another DCA and told them to Foxtrot Oscar pretty sharpish.

Capquest are pretty lame to be fair, so I wouldn't stress about their deadlines. They are taking the p' and they know it!

xx

I only agreed to a DD because of previous history with CrapQuest. They administer my Capital One card (CCA on that one turned out to be completely kosher, unfortunately :Cry:) and I was paying them by standing order. All was fine for a few months, then I got a threat-o-gram from their in house solictiors acusing me of not paying it. I got on to my bank, who told me the SO had been paid. CrapQuest insisted it hadn't. After an exchange of letters, and conversation with a very off-hand girl that resembled a playground spat ("no you didn't" "yes I did" "no you didn't" "Yes, my bank said they paid it" "Well we didn't get it" "That's not my problem" "yes it is" and on and on) I agreed to a DD as it was becoming more trouble than it was worth.

They told me they would only accept payment by DD or debit card for my Marbles account. I'm not sure that's legal, but I didn't have the information to hand, I really coudn't argue. I can stop a DD, but a debit card mandate is pretty near impossible to cancel, so I agreed to the former.

As to their request for a I & E breakdown, I decided to take the forum's advice and not send it. I couldn't be arsed to look up all the info anyway. I just sent a fax referring them to my previous letter.

Latest missive from crapquest arrived today (dated 20th Jun. Hmmm. Didn't think they worked on Saturdays)

We thank you for your correspondence (?) and respond as follows:

Please be advised that this account has been referred to our external agent 1st Credit, you can contact them on ....

:mad:

I'm not going to do anything.

Thanks. I already had a payment plan set up with 1st Credit to begin with, so if they do start giving me any s**t I'll just quote them their previous reference number - and drop the unenforceability bombshell. They don't know about that one yet :p.

As I thought I had reached an arrangement with CapQuest (as 1st Credit confirmed they weren't handling the account) I decided to hold fire on giving the OFT the go-ahead to take things further. I shall light the touchpaper on that one now. :D