BankFodder BankFodder

shanef1981

Me vs Welcome Finance - what do I do?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4075 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey,

Okay, I have several issues with Welcome (who doesn't these days??).

Firstly, they re-scheduled my loan five times and after 6 years I still owe more than I borrowed (I borrowed £1,750 and owe ~£2,600 STILL).

Each time they agreed to let me pay less they would re-schedule the loan, and it would show I owed more still each time they did it.

What's the possibility that they charged me for PPI on every single re-schedule they did, effectively charging PPI on PPI etc...?

Also, are any charges they make for re-scheduling enforceable? They charged nearly £200 on one occasion for this service.

At the moment my account is with their Debt Recovery Agency unit, as I have it paid off through B&E. They froze all interest and I pay £44 per month off it.

They sent me some rather sketchy statements when I asked for proof of what I owe, none of which I can properly decipher - and I'm a mathematician.

I am tempted to send a SAR to them for the agreements, as I should have signed one for each re-schedule they did surely??? I did this only twice.

My only worry about this is that if I start asking for all this information that they default the account and start chasing me directly (and more aggressively).

I do not remember being told about PPI on any occasion - so I should be able to re-claim this surely? How do you go about that?

Any further advice on dealing with these cowboys would be most appreciated...

Shane :)

Hi Shane,

With what you have said I would deffinatley be sending of a sar.

This was you can go through each one indivisulaly and you will also see they have probarbly added a few fees to each in which you can try and calim back with the PPI.

Here's the PPi link which you can see will give you some info to read to prepare you:

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

PPI - Consumer Wiki

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)