Fos Deadline - Takes The Biscuit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received an Adjudication from FOS regarding a DCA complaint I submitted in October 2008. They have cleared the DCA of any blame (surprise, surprise) but have given me until 13th April to challenge their findings. So it is OK for them to take over 5 months to respond but I have to do so by Easter Monday!

I am writing back acknowledging their letter and setting my own deadline for responding as theirs is totally unreasonable.

Anyone else had this problem?

If you send back something complaining about the timescale for you then you are losing time over it. The FOS has got a backlog of cases so when a decision is made then there is a set timeframe in which you can respond with additional information. Have you got a thread here with regards to the original request as well as evidence you gave the FOS?

Remember, if you write to a bank they have 8 weeks to respond before you can go to the FOS, there are set deadlines as there are with the FOS once a decision has been made.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

post the details of your complaint and we can have a look and advise you on the merits of it.

the time it takes for them to get you a decision is primarily made up of waiting for the case to come to the front of the queue. It is like a roller coaster - an hour of queing and then 45 seconds on the ride. In this context giving you a fortnight to respond is fairly reasonable.

Also, an adjudicator will generally interpret a whinge about timescales and procedure as 'I have no case, you were right, I am just feeling bitter and want to cause trouble'.

I have just received an Adjudication from FOS regarding a DCA complaint I submitted in October 2008. They have cleared the DCA of any blame (surprise, surprise) but have given me until 13th April to challenge their findings. So it is OK for them to take over 5 months to respond but I have to do so by Easter Monday!

I am writing back acknowledging their letter and setting my own deadline for responding as theirs is totally unreasonable.

Ayone else had this problem?

n

So, in effect the FOS have given you one week to challenge their findings!

You would have to get your letter in the post by Tuesday 7 April in order that it would be delivered by Thursday 9 April:

Good Friday, 10 April and;

Easter Monday 13 April, are Bank Holidays, thus there are no postal deliveries.

The deadline that they have set is not fair nor, is it reasonable.

: Ayone else had this problem?

Yes, the FOS are a law unto themselves.

AC

actually, they won't work on the monday so you need to get the letter there by the tues, which is the first chance they'll get to do ought. Not too bad. It'll be a standard timeframe.

If you want more time I'm sure they'll give it. But reply asking for it due to the easter break and because you need time to construct a clear, concise comment, not because their timeframes are unreasonable. May as well just stick a post-it to the letter saying 'I have no case - ignore me'.

I don't think that you can argue, that in the normal course of events, bank hols excluded, fourteen days is an unreasonable time frame to ask for a response.

• 1 month later...

hi,,been havin the same problem with FSO,complained to them about egg ppi misselling in october 08!and with their replies every 2 months as it goes thro each stages,they delay the process beteween each stage by 2 bloody months till it goes to a actual adjudicator!finally got a letter feb 09 saying it will go to an adjudicator finally,and that I will be definetly contacted within 2 months- hence brings us to april!guess wat its june nearly09 and not a word,,phoned them up many atimes,but due to backlog,they are dealayed,,but the whole point of waiting 2 months at a time to deal with my claims u woulda thought they cant use that excuse on me since i waited 2 bloody EXTRA months ON TOP, being june nearly!sort it out people,,its a retardation on their behalf ,no matter how many cases they have !8 months and STILL waiting,seen murder cases with bloody appeals to take quicker!get more staff or give up!people are goin thro severe financial burdens,due to these fraudulent bank practices last thing we need is an ineffective delaying tactics by FSO!!:-x.YES I DO APPRECIATE THEY HAVE ALOT OF CASES,,BUT I WAITED EVEN WITHIN THEIR LONG TIME WINDOWS,SO I HAVE A RIGHT TO VENT B4 ANYONE TRIES TO SAY OTHERWISE!!anymore on this topic ,appreciated.

So why haven't you sued the bank if you feel that the wait is too long? (just asking as this would clearly be quicker going through the County Court system that the FOS).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Just an up-date. Set my own deadline for responding to FOS. FOS wrote accepting my deadline. Sent comprehensive response to FOS at the end of April. The moral is don't be afraid to set your own response times.