default notice - dates and stuff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anybody try and work out whether he following situation somehow renders he default notice 'invalid' or 'dodgy' or whatever else.... The DN states I need to pay (ie be with them!) within 17 days after date of the letter... (!?)

Here are sme deails:

• Letter from credit card company was dated 25 March (Wednesday)
  • There was a weekend 28+29th
  • Letter arrives for me on 31st March (Tuesday afternoon)
  • There is a weekend again on 4+5 April
  • and then following week there is Bank holiday Friday - 10th, Sat and Sun (11/12th) and Bank Hol Monday (13th)

Am I right to a. discount weekends and ban hols b. start actual date from when letter actually reached me?

So I started wih zero day when letter reached me as I did not get i until I was home ie 5pm. I assume day 1 is Wednesday, 31 March.

Day 2 = Thrs, 1 April

Day 3 - Fri, 2 Apr

Ignore weekend?

Day 4 = Mon, 5 Apr

Day 5 = Tues, 6 Apr

Day 6 = Wed, Apr

Day 7 = Thr, 8 Apr

Bank hol fri /weekend /bank hol Mon

Day 8 = Tuesday 13th April

Day 9 = Wed 14th

Day 10 = Thurs, 15th

Day 11 = Fri, 16th

weekend

Day 12 = Mon, 19th

Day 13 = Tuesday, 20th

Dy 14 = Wednesday, 21st

Day 15 = Thrs 22

Day 16 = Fri 23rd

weekend

Day 17 = Mon 24th

Now please tell me if I am doing this all wrong!! How will the count 17 days??? How should they as in my example? They stated in their DN 'should be paid before date shown etc' BUT no date is shown / given other than the 17 days reference... then again they state 17 days which sounds ok but how am I supposed to know the date then.. do i just add 17 days onto actual date letter says (! they could not have sent it out until Saturday / Monday???)

Help???

did you keep the envolope? was it sent 1st or second class?

If it was sent 1st, then I'd say it was legit, sorry. I'm sure someone was more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong but weekends don't matter apart from if it was posted on a friday, it would be classed as served on monday (3 days) or saturday classed as served on tuesday (4days).

I hope this helps

Ok, thats a very confusing post (sorry only being honest!)

Right if the letter was sent on the 25th Weds, allow Thurs+Fri for service and then count 14 days...

I make it Friday 10th which is a bank holiday, not sure of the implications of that but it could potentially mean the rememdy date is 14th April as you can do nothing on the 10th and 13th as far as paying into a bank etc. The regs dont say much on remedy days but the service days must be working days!

Is this a real DN, it could be a warning shot they like to send out. I would advise to scan, remove personal info and post up.

Also did you keep the envelope of the DN, does it have a dated postmark on it?

PmW

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

"but no date is shown", thats the main thing, as with out a DATE being given to remedy, then its invalid.

They must give a date to remedy by, this must be at least 14 days from the date of the letter, plus 2 days for 1st class post, 4 days for second.

weekends/bank hols etc dont come into it.

In court you would put them to strict proof of service, so they cant win on this one

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site