Beachy v Barclaycard/Mercers take 2

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Beachy,

Oh this is such a great story!

A bit like GE Money with my mum, getting them to admit they are in the wrong is the hardest point - court here we come!

When you get every penny, you should have that holiday with your OH, you deserve it.

Ive been about - but alot going on personally with mum, so struggling to get to deal with our own stuff. Nightmare.

Take care,

Meerkat x.

Thanks, now I've got them to admit they were wrong, and on the strength of their letter stating that, I feel the courts will be the quickest way to dael with it.

How dare they write and say procedures werent followed and say that their policy is to put the account back to where it would be without ppi & then make an offer of just refund of premiums 2002 to the end of 2004, I want all premiums refunded from 1998 and with the compounded interest they added to the premiums. Just modifying my LBA for 2002 - 2004 in order to keep it just below the £5k mark so I can keep it in the Small Claims Court, after that I'll go back and fight for the 1998 - 2001 premiums - if I can get that as well then the cards will be cleared and it'll be an outside cabin :-D

I thought I read that you won your Mums battle with GE Money? They wont budge an inch with mine & OH's complaint.

Beachy

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Noom, if that was directed at me, Barclaycard was CC and the £1300 was PPI only, they paid also charges back - only charges not interest and I accepted.

The Halifax was a loan, and the £1300 is PPI and charges.

I am still waiting on their answer.

Just to say sorry, the thread was anyone had BCard Success, hence why I posted, didn't mean to jump on anyones thread !

OH Dear OH dear Oh Dear,

Calders now using Mercers pretty little blue envelopes - doesnt say who but just "I will be coming to visit you between 08:00 & 20:00 on the 31st"

I hope (whoever it is) that they bring my cca with them together with my ppi refund + compound interest (sorry cheques/credit card not acceptable).

If their very good I'll try and arrange the service of a court summons on the same day for my refund - this time I'll do the talking "wheres my feckin money" (Thanks Father Jack - drrink! drrrink!)

beachy

OH Dear OH dear Oh Dear,

Calders now using Mercers pretty little blue envelopes - doesnt say who but just "I will be coming to visit you between 08:00 & 20:00 on the 31st"

I hope (whoever it is) that they bring my cca with them together with my ppi refund + compound interest (sorry cheques/credit card not acceptable).

If their very good I'll try and arrange the service of a court summons on the same day for my refund - this time I'll do the talking "wheres my feckin money" (Thanks Father Jack - drrink! drrrink!)

beachy

Ooo they work bank holidays do they? :-D :-D

S.

OK so prelim. now ignored so its game on & court action.

Any adjustments to the letter going in the post today ? :-

* * * Letter removed as it has now been posted to BC * * *

Also should a copy of this letter be sent to Barclays t/a Barclaycard, Churchill Place?

Thanks in advance,

Beachy

Edited by beachcomber60

can see no harm sending the letter to two address also as this is an lba letter use signed for delivery PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Oh and probably no need to remind but i will get a receipt of postage very useful 4 court

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks Pompey,

Had to go out yesterday and got back too late to get it in the post, will be my first job in the morning when I get back.

I am having second thoughts as to which way I should go about this, because they cant/wont give statements for '98 to '02 I dont know whether I should stick my court claim in for '02 to 04, make a seperate claim for the missing statements then make a third court claim once I have the missing statements, or just stick a claim in for the whole period as they admit misselling.

Currently got Calders getting heavy and the ppi premiums refunded will wipe the cards once & for all.

Beachy

whole claim because once the claim is issued u can then use CPR 31.14 to get all the docs and if they still do not comply inform judge and he will issue an order 4 them to comply and failure of that is judgement in your favour

Received this morning is a 'Formal Notice of a demand for immediate full payment from Calders if payment is not received by 9th September a DC will call to collect the full amount outstanding. Additional they are informing the CRA's that I have been served a Notice final demand for full balance.

1) This account has been in dispute since the begining of the year (still now cca).

2) Barclaycard have admitted mis selling PPI and its their policy to put the account back to where it would be had ppi not been applied - but wont honour that policy, if they did the balance would be £0.

3) Account still has unlawfull charges (about £100) and I am about to make my third claim for that as they continue to add these charges even though they account is in dispute.

4) Barclaycard is now in receipt of my LBA for the PPI.

FOS has received my complaint concerning PPI, but shortly after Barclaycard admitted mis selling, should I inform Calders that the account is with the FOS for PPI (even though I intend issuing a court claim) and a further complaint is with the ICO for non compliance to my SAR.

Or should I just let them do their worst and take me to court and save me the cost.

2) Barclaycard have admitted mis selling PPI and its their policy to put the account back to where it would be had ppi not been applied - but wont honour that policy, if they did the balance would be £0.

3) Account still has unlawfull charges (about £100) and I am about to make my third claim for that as they continue to add these charges even though they account is in dispute.

4) Barclaycard is now in receipt of my LBA for the PPI.

FOS has received my complaint concerning PPI, but shortly after Barclaycard admitted mis selling, should I inform Calders that the account is with the FOS for PPI (even though I intend issuing a court claim) and a further complaint is with the ICO for non compliance to my SAR.

Or should I just let them do their worst and take me to court and save me the cost.

Calders are part of Barclaycard so they know about FOS involvement already if Barclaycard know :-D

S.

:D

They were quick off the mark, seeing they told me they were visting me last Monday but didnt turn up (again.

Just updated, by email, FOS, ICO & filed a complaint with OFT, feel very strong about this especially as Barclayshark owe me more than I do to them.

Think maybe I'll also add harassment to my claim :D

Oh dear ! I think My LBA has upset barclaycard, received from Calders this mornimg a notice of formal demand for full payment of the balance outstanding to be received no later than the 9th sept., or else a local debt collector will calls to collect the full amount, CRA's also being informed to place a record of the formal demand on my credit file :eek:.

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In fact, as they are being stroppy and acting unlawfully, get your claim in next week.

If they start bleating, tell them you will show the judge the letter from them that you received today.

Mention this letter in your POCs.

Think its time to start putting all the info together

5 copies of T&C's but no agreement

letter stating a legal reason why I need my agreement (bleedin' well got one now :D )

countless pretty blue envelopes from both Mercers & Calders stating a doorstep visit (but never turn up)

late & overlimit charges applied while in dispute

letter confirming mis selling ppi

and that Calder letter

boy am I gonna be busy ;):)