• Tweets

• @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Beachy v Barclaycard/Mercers take 2

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also went to FOS. After 14 months I lost patience with the delay and took action against Sharkleys myself.

Claim served on them end of December, Sharkleys waved the white flag end of January.

There is NOTHING to stop you taking action against Sharkleys yourself.

Nothing and no one can prevent you from using the legal system.

Even if you disagree with a FOS decision you STILL have the right to bring your claim against a bank.

FOS is good as far as it goes, but it wasnt set up to deal with mass complaints and is unable to handle the amount of complaints it has recieved. PPI complaints are now taking nearly two years to get in front of an adjudicator.

They clearly, vastly underestimated the amount of, well- lets just say " legally questionable actions" committed by the finance industry and the number of people prepared to complain.

Edited by noomill060

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you have an admission of missellingfrom sharkleys, you will have no trouble extracting contactual interest on premiums from them and the same in court interest. Tell them to take their 8% and invest it where the Sun dont shine.

Court action against them now.

1) LBA

2) Small Claim

3) sorted

:-)

As you have an admission of missellingfrom sharkleys, you will have no trouble extracting contactual interest on premiums from them and the same in court interest. Tell them to take their 8% and invest it where the Sun dont shine.

Court action against them now.

1) LBA

2) Small Claim

3) sorted

:-)

WOW

Well done you - have you a thread on this?

Ive posted a get lost letter to them, FOS has had my complaint for about a month or more, not acknowledged yet.

Although my claim is for £6k+ (thats at compound plus 8%) if I could get my hands on the the 3years statements that they cant/wont provide, I'd be looking at double the claim amount.

Beachy

I use that interest calculator myself. Turned £85 of PPI premiums into a claim for £1748 which they gladly paid out. It took a small claim though.

Hers how you do it-

Premiums- enter each individual premium then the date that the contractual rate- I used their cash rate of 26.8%

12 "rests" per year from the drop down box and click "360 day year"

Add up the totals.

This gives you the amount theyve scammed out of you and the amount of money you want back.

(With me so far?)

OK, when they make some insulting offer, such as the one you have had, you then need to start a small claim.

When any claim gets into the legal system it means that you may then ask the court to award judicial interest on top of the amount of your claim.

If the contract doesnt specify an interest rate you may claim 8%

BUT if the contact does specify an interest rate, you may then claim THAT rate in judicial interest. Got that?

Yeah - you can claim another 26.8% ON TOP!!!!

This figure is your total (ie premium + interest) minus the premiums.

Never fails.

Like I said at the start, this turned £85 of PPI premiums into £1748.

Premiums charged from Jan 2000 to June 2002 and claimed back at 26.8% plus judicial interest at 26.8%.

This was settled long before the hearing date- so Barclaycard were very, very keen to settle.

Thanks for the info, the only T&C's barclayshark have provided (as well as to many other caggers) is current T&C's which state Standard Rate 24.9 % APR & 'Cash Rate' 27.9% APR.

FOS have just acknowledged my complaint and stated that its going to be a long time before they can look at it as they are 'overwhelmed' with enquiries.

So Iam more interested in barclayshark writing the debt off, if I went the court route then taking into consideration ppi from 1998 to 2002 (missing statements) and the statements that I do have up to 2005 plus their admission (have I got 'em by the short & curlies?) that they want to put the account back to where it would have been had ppi not been applied then they would owe me loads, but I'd be happy for them just to write the card off(& remove any markers from my credit file).

(Calders have gone very quiet since barclayshark ppi letter arrived)

BL**dy Hell !

Quickest response EVER from Barclaycard. (3 day response).

'Whist I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied, we have nothing further to say'.

BO**OCKS! If its their policy to return the account to its financial position if PPI wasnt added then, in my books, that means they refund ALL ppi premiums & interest at the compounded APR ! !

Thats my rant over for the day :)

"'Whist I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied, we have nothing further to say'."

In other words, you will need to start legal action if you want any more.

Not sure on the best way of dealing with this one - apart from I want my money back !!!!!

As a claim through the courts would be over £5k I understand that I couldnt do it myself and would need a Solicitor and if it went wrong the costs would be very high.

Option 1 - Take court action on the statements I do have (ppi just under £5k without statutory interest.

Option 2 - issue a claim for them to provide the missing statements and then go for the second part of the ppi once premiums & interest has been worked out.

Option 3 ask them to zero the card balance & remove markers from my credit file - cant/wont provide cca (messed around with regard to this as are many other caggers).

Hi BEachy, I actually have 2 one with halifax, one with barclaycard, I think I got confused as you asked if anyone had success with Halifax !

Barclaycard took £1300 of PPI of the balance and £247 charges off also. I still have a balance of about 2k.

Halifax sold the debt to CL Finance - the PPI amounts to about £1300 also, they took the Charges of £355 off the balance, but I am still argusing about them taking off the £1300 off the balance as they sold the debt on.

Forgive me if I get confused, I have so many ongoing claims I am confusing myself !

Been with CCCS over 3 years and no problems, have no issues with BCard coming off balance, but Halifax SOLD the debt, they still state that they have every right to give it to the DCA !

Naughty naughty Calders - talking to my True Call - another number ZAPPED

And dear Calders if your reading this, Barclaycard have CONFIRMED that they have mis sold ppi SO:-

THEY owe ME far more then I owe THEM - now a catchphrase from Father Ted

FECK OFF !

Naughty naughty Calders - talking to my True Call - another number ZAPPED

And dear Calders if your reading this, Barclaycard have CONFIRMED that they have mis sold ppi SO:-

THEY owe ME far more then I owe THEM - now a catchphrase from Father Ted

FECK OFF !

You tell 'em Beachy.. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Well done Beachy! - how did you manage to get them to confirm that?

Hi ya MK,

Where you been hiding then :)

It took 16 weeks and the threat of reporting them to the FOS, just after I filed my complaint Barclaycard wrote to me and informed me that after 'extensive investigations' procedures weren't correctly carried out when the local BM got me to take out a Barclaycard,

The battle isn't over by a long way, in their letter they state that its their policy to put the account to where it would be if PPI had not been applied, now to me and everyone else that would mean a complete refund of ppi premiums + compound interest that they applied to those premiums.

inspite of Barclaycard admitting that they were wrong & indeed it was mis sold, they have only offered to refund the premiums paid 2002 to 2005 (when I finally got them to cancel it) without compound interest.

In their own words 'our policy is to return the account to where it would be if ppi had not been applied' means that ALL premiums should be refunded together with the associated interest that they've added to the account '98 to 2005.

I've rejected their offer, outlining that they should honour what they state in their letter, but hey - this is Barclayshark, the reply I got was that the offer is what it is and they have nothing further to say on the matter, so it looks like court action.

If I manage to get it all back, and I see no reason why not (their letter is safely locked away), it'll not only clear the account but there'll be enough left over to take the OH on a carribean cruise :D

Beachy

Great news Beachy! Go and get em!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Great news Beachy! Go and get em!:D

Thanks Sunflower,

Not quite there yet, but cant see how they can get out of not paying up, shot themselves in the foot me thinks :D

Beachy

Hello Barclaycard

Hello Beachy here, I need to take you thro' security

Barclaycard: Why

Beachy: Well I ve been riped off between 1998 & 2005 and I want payment in full, or I WILL take court action :D

Beachcomber

we are in the same position as you but with Bank of Scotland preference account. We are about to do a letter before action as we have written to them a couple of weeks ago after they admitted miselling PPI but they calculated it wrong as they didn't include the loan part of the agreement, just the credit card part or contractual intrest.

think LBA is best way forward and going to court as FOS is taking up to two years so we have been told. We have another one with FOS from Creational Financial and that has been with them since April and still with

an adjuticator.

good luck

Thanks Sunflower,

Not quite there yet, but cant see how they can get out of not paying up, shot themselves in the foot me thinks :D

Beachy

Hello Barclaycard

Hello Beachy here, I need to take you thro' security

Barclaycard: Why

Beachy: Well I ve been riped off between 1998 & 2005 and I want payment in full, or I WILL take court action :D

LOL!:D:D:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Beachcomber

we are in the same position as you but with Bank of Scotland preference account. We are about to do a letter before action as we have written to them a couple of weeks ago after they admitted miselling PPI but they calculated it wrong as they didn't include the loan part of the agreement, just the credit card part or contractual intrest.

think LBA is best way forward and going to court as FOS is taking up to two years so we have been told. We have another one with FOS from Creational Financial and that has been with them since April and still with

an adjuticator.

good luck

thanks for the support, LBA going off tomorrow

Hey Beachy,

Oh this is such a great story!

A bit like GE Money with my mum, getting them to admit they are in the wrong is the hardest point - court here we come!

When you get every penny, you should have that holiday with your OH, you deserve it.

Ive been about - but alot going on personally with mum, so struggling to get to deal with our own stuff. Nightmare.

Take care,

Meerkat x.