Welcome finance...are they all idiots that work there???

Malakorah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Still quite new to this site so apologies if this thread has ended up in the wrong place!!.

Anyway...i currently have car finance and a secure loan with Welcome finance(yes stupid i know).

Anyway due to my wife having to stop working due to ill health i can just about cover the secured loan payment but not the car payments,i informed Welcome about this change of circumstances via telephone and spoke to a very rude lady!!.

She wanted to know what was wrong with my wife, in reply i asked if she was a medical professional?.She then stated that if i didnt pay my arranged monthly payments they would combine the two contracts as defaulted and hand them over to local collections who (and i quote) 'not as nice as they were!!'.

At this point i was strarting to get annoyed and asked if she had any sort of level of intelligence as they could not combine the two seperate contracts!!.

Anyway, on with the tale... i told them that i was cancelling the direct debit for the car payment but was talked around with an offer of paying half a payment from the car loan and a half payment from the secured loan.

I stated once again that i could pay my secured obligation but could no longer afford the car payments.

So as a matter of interest, a few days later i went to the bank to ensure that the direct debit for the car was cancelled and surprise surprise not only was there a new pair of direct debits on my account but now they had no monthly figure on them and brand new reference numbers!! ( an attempt to confuse me i think)

So now i have had to cancel both direct debits because i didnt know which was which!!, Welcome are constantly phoning me (approx 8-9 times a day) to the point where i have stopped answering the phone!!.

Does any of you good people out there have any advice because i am starting to get a bit worried and stressed now that the secured loan is a month behind!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok first you need to send the stop harassing me letter I will dig one out for you

next have you sent a CCA request for your loans - believe me that could be very enlightening I will post you the letter for that too.

do you have the ability to scan your agreements up here so I can see them??

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Include this;

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act

(2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

(**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

NAME HERE

• Haha 1

Thanks guys thats a big help i will send out those letters asap!! As for uploading my original documentation i will dig it out and post it through photobucket??

Am at work at the moment but will have a go when i get home tomorrow morning.

Just one thing though...is it illegal to set up a direct debit without my permission especially when there is no set figure or original reference number??

I never thought to send a CCA request because to be honest i dont know that much about financial matters!!

My big worry is now that i missed a secured payment are they gonna go for the house??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt they would for 1 payment - if thats the one you can pay then do that - send it by standing order if you don't want a DD on your account.

Also the DD guarentee states that you are in full control of this - if you cancelled the DD then cannot set up another without your permission naughty Welcome

Hi andie 303 and cerberusalert,

I ahve typed those letters up (very impressive) and am going to post them first thing tomorrow.

I will try my best to upload my credit agreements but am not to good on computers!!

If need be i will type the whole thing up for you to see!!

Many thanks again and please keep an eye on my thread!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]