jp69.......Hardship offer

jp69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved an offer from nat west under the `fsa hardship criteria`.HOWEVER...they will only pay it back into the account where the claim originated from.As i still have arrears which are larger than the settlement offer it will simply all get gobbled up and i wont get to see any of it!.Recently was made unemployed too,so this is hardly going to help my situation.Ironic really,that i qualified under the `hardship criteria`,then i dont get to see any of the funds returned!.Has anyone else found to be in this situatuion? has anyone else been able to get the returned funds sent to a `non nat west` account?.They wont send the refund to any other account they say.What a waste of two years!!!

Hi, jp69.

Tell them you want a cheque, It's your money. If they do not comply with your request, tell them your taking Court action.

I've moved your post to start a new thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I have just recieved an offer from nat west under the `fsa hardship criteria`.HOWEVER...they will only pay it back into the account where the claim originated from.As i still have arrears which are larger than the settlement offer it will simply all get gobbled up and i wont get to see any of it!.Recently was made unemployed too,so this is hardly going to help my situation.Ironic really,that i qualified under the `hardship criteria`,then i dont get to see any of the funds returned!.Has anyone else found to be in this situatuion? I have seen banks pay directly to the priority debtor direct with the appropriate proof being sent to the claimant.has anyone else been able to get the returned funds sent to a `non nat west` account? The advice below is where I would go..They wont send the refund to any other account they say.What a waste of two years!!!Have you made the back aware of the redundancy as well?

I completely disagree with Maroondevo's advice and would say that it has the potential to do more harm than good. The whole point of the FSA Waiver and the exemption, which is hardship, is to alleviate hardship. I would say that if you have priority arrears, make the bank aware of them and that they are the most important ones that need paying now. For example, if you are being threatened with court action over "priority debts" then ask them for cheques made payable to those priority debtors so that you can make a payment or ask the bank to make payments direct to those debtors with relevant proof of payment to you. Filing at court will not change how the money is paid but I would suggest arguing that priority debtors are requiring payment urgently is a better route to alleviate hardship and potentially show the bank that others are priority debtors not them.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf