HSBC Can they do this???

AD33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is for my wife.....

She has a overdraft with HSBC and recently got a letter saying they were reviveing her overdraft etc etc and for doing this they are charging her £25. As she is on maternity leave she has recently gone over her o/d by £10 and is now getting the usual charges..... when speaking with themon the phone she asked if she could increase her overdraft by £20 and they refused, when she asked why she had to pay £25 for them reviewing her overdraft they basically just said could.

Any advice much appreciated.

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

sadly, at present whilst the court case is still on going, banks can still charge what they like for what they like.

i'd be inclined to get a claim in for all her charges + interest

might even be able to claim hardship?

so that when the appeal fails, you are already inline for the refund.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how much was you over your O/D?

if it was £10 or under you will not get charged

if it over £10 you will get charged

but, if its you first offence in six months you will not get charged

the below is a quote from the mirror web site

"hsbc has also won praise for its Fair Fees overdraft policy. Unlike other banks it does not charge for every transaction while overdrawn. It gives a £10 'buffer' zone and will not charge more than the amount you go overdrawn, more than once in a single day, or if it is your first offence in six months"

hope this helps

Hiya Ad33 and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

This is for my wife.....

She has a overdraft with HSBC and recently got a letter saying they were reviewing her overdraft etc etc and for doing this they are charging her £25.

They are allowed to do this once a year, its a nice source of income for them £25 x how many million customers? and this is an allowable fee (you cant claim it back) but any other unrequested reviews are just charges and you can claim them back :)

As she is on maternity leave she has recently gone over her o/d by £10 and is now getting the usual charges..... when speaking with them on the phone she asked if she could increase her overdraft by £20 and they refused, when she asked why she had to pay £25 for them reviewing her overdraft they basically just said could.

Any advice much appreciated.

Your branch manager has the power to reverse any charges and some people have had success by visiting him face to face and explaining the situation. But this is a personal decision by your own branch manager and is definitely a once only approach :cool:.

If you get no joy from this approach start a claim :)

pete

how much was you over your O/D?

if it was £10 or under you will not get charged

if it over £10 you will get charged

but, if its you first offence in six months you will not get charged

the below is a quote from the mirror web site

"hsbc has also won praise for its Fair Fees overdraft policy. Unlike other banks it does not charge for every transaction while overdrawn. It gives a £10 'buffer' zone and will not charge more than the amount you go overdrawn, more than once in a single day, or if it is your first offence in six months"

hope this helps

Hee Hee! have a look at littleprincesses' site and tell me that what todo ! :lol:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/191601-hsbc-called-me-pay.html#post2069775

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D