Help with a parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I got a parking ticket 28 days ago for parking on a double yellow out side a post office! I had 14 day to pay £35 but as I've missed this deadline i have to pay £70, within 30 days

I've gone back and look at the lines and they are correctly terminated ect..

The tickets from Manchester council , I was parked half on the lines with only my back wheels on the line, still an offence! I was there when the warden plonked it on windscreen then took a photo

I simpley can't afford to pay £70, will the parking monkeys let me pay £10 a month for the next 7 months? :mad:

Thanks

Councils have to act in a reasonable manner when dealing with enforcement issues, as do the courts and Police etc.

Thats why people on benefits who get fined by the courts for being naughty get a length of time to pay it.

I am sure that if you wrote to the Council in question, explain your cicumstances and make them an offer (I would offer £5 per month instead of £10 if you are struggling) then I am sure they would accept.

They dont have to accept but they do have to be reasonable in the circumstances, if you cant afford it you cant afford it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library

Can you afford the £35? If you appeal, they often freeze the amount at the lower amount if you get a rejection back.

Without seeing the photos, it's a bit hard, but you could try the defence of de minimis ie. you were over by such a small amount they could use their discretion.

Without seeing the photos, it's a bit hard, but you could try the defence of de minimis ie. you were over by such a small amount they could use their discretion.

I don't think "de minimus" will work because the OP says the wheel was on the line. That means a huge chunk of car boot (albeit not touching the road) is a long way past the start of the DYL.

if i don't pay how long have got untill they get heavy?

after the 30 days what happens next, can i spin things out a bit until i could pay?

There is no 30 day period.

You have 28 days to pay; for the first 14 of these, the penalty is discounted by 50%.

If you don't pay in the 28 days, you will get a Notice to Owner. At that point, you have a further 28 days to pay or appeal - if you do neither, tehn the charge is increased by 50% to £105. Further non-payment involves bailiffs and their fees.

This all assumes that you have a Council PCN and not an ECN - which is dealt with differently under older and different legislation.

Scan, wash a post a copy of the parking ticket.

There is no 30 day period.

You have 28 days to pay; for the first 14 of these, the penalty is discounted by 50%.

If you don't pay in the 28 days, you will get a Notice to Owner. At that point, you have a further 28 days to pay or appeal - if you do neither, tehn the charge is increased by 50% to £105. Further non-payment involves bailiffs and their fees.

This all assumes that you have a Council PCN and not an ECN - which is dealt with differently under older and different legislation.

Scan, wash a post a copy of the parking ticket.

thanks, yes i just got the notice to owner, which a will deal with tommorow. I did the crime so looks like i have to cough up. gutted :-x

any way i could pay the 35 quid as my mums offered to pay the 35????

• 1 month later...

well in the end, they reduced the ticket to 35 quid because "i cound'nt find the ticket on my windscreen" and in time it's taken to appeal, i've managed to save up the 35 quid !

so a result of sorts ;)