Jump to content

Appeal to TEC for £604 Old Address Blunder/Baliffs issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Last night had to pay £604 to release car from Baliffs. No paperwork given, apparently related to traffice contravention 14 Oct 2007. We moved house 13 Oct 2007. DVLA were sent our new address and our car reg form updated in the week we moved in. Council car parking cannot help me and say I can only appeal. They cannot send any paperwork. I now have Form PE3 from Northampton TEC which I will complete tonight. Does anyone hold out much hope of our being successful in this appeal? Obviously councils never recheck addresses once a PCN is issued, and this fine just rolled and rolled. Baliffs obviously found us either through DVLA or electoral roll. I cannot be the only person to have slipped through the net as a result of a house move like this - but I need my £604 back. Any views or comments gratefully received.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will move your thread.Can you confirm who the baliffs are ?

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for moving post - sorry I put it in the wrong place. The baliffs were Newlyn plc and the council involved is Waltham Forest. The first we heard of any outstanding debt was when the baliff clamped our car and demanded just over £600 to release it back to us. Payment related to some traffic infringement back in oct 07 when we moved to our new address. When I spoke to the council's parking people they confirmed they had our old address. So we received no letters (we even had a 3 month postal divert on and still received nothing), DVLA were informed when we moved and we had our new licences back by Nov 07 and that's it really. We now have to appeal to Northampton courts who hear all these appeals. We didn't do anything wrong, doesn't the council have a duty of care to find someone, and if they didn't hear back isn't it beyond the bounds of possibility or the wit of man that people have a habit of moving and - oh yes - maybe we'll recheck wtih DVLA? In despair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will get your money back...in time !!!


You need to complete the PE2 and PE3 and on the PE3 you need to state the following:


I was unable to complete this Statutory Declaration in time as I was unaware of the above parking charge notice until a bailiff from Newlyn Ltd clamped my car and I was forced to pay £604 for it's release.


Enquiries made with the local authority revealed that this contravention occured on 13th October 2007 and all documentation had apparently been sent to : xxxxxx. I moved from this address the day after this contravention ( 14th October 2007). I updated my details with DVLA and received confirmation in November 2007 of this.



It would be good to send with your application some form of proof of when you moved and DVLA change.


You need to telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre this morning on 08457 045 007 and they will e-mail you the forms. When you call you need to ask them to confirm the address on the Warrant and I would suggest that you ask them for the date of the warrant as the warrant expires after one year.


Sadly, the local authority have 19 business days to respond (one month) and because of severe delays at TEC you will not hear the response for a further 3 weeks. You are therefore looking at 2 months !!.


However, the local authority can ACCEPT this application in one day if you pressure them.


If this application is rejected PLEASE make sure that you post back here and APPEAL.


Our firm have assisted with hundreds of Out of Time applications and most are concerning cases such as yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...