Cancellation Rights and Cancellable agreements.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I seem to be going around in circles trying to work this out. My credit agreement states that "I have no right to cancel this agreement". I have since found out that as this agreement was signed in my own home that there should of been some kind of cooling off period to protect people from pushy salesmen (which he was!) etc etc. I took the agreement out in Sept 2006 and it still has quite a while left to run. Could someone advise me as to what my rights may be regarding this matter. Many thanks x

I seem to be going around in circles trying to work this out. My credit agreement states that "I have no right to cancel this agreement". I have since found out that as this agreement was signed in my own home that there should of been some kind of cooling off period to protect people from pushy salesmen (which he was!) etc etc. I took the agreement out in Sept 2006 and it still has quite a while left to run. Could someone advise me as to what my rights may be regarding this matter. Many thanks x

I thought you had to also speak face to face with the creditor or an agent, and sign the agreement away from trade premises.

Anticeedent negotiations with oral representations

I thought you had to also speak face to face with the creditor or an agent, and sign the agreement away from trade premises.

Anticeedent negotiations with oral representations

You're quite right although I think the OP is hinting that the sales person WAS in their home?!?

Hi, thanks for responding. Ive been looking at my original paperwork regarding this agreement. The only proof I have that it was signed in my home is the fact that I also have a copy of the order form for the conservatory which states the style/colour and brickwork chosen etc. The guy who signed us up took measurments and drew up a small plan of the structure. This form is dated the same date as the credit agreement as everything was done on the same day. Obviously he must of been in my home otherwise how did he get the measurments and the plan of where it was being erected.