MBNA debt bought by Link - don't know what to do - can anyone help please?

Massamum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks DG. I’ve checked back on all my old letters/statements and its always the same account number. Good for you keeping check, use everything you can against them - its a shame they don't leave numbers of our balances isn't it. Link’s name is on the bottom of the card, quite small letters but its still there for the world and his wife to see. There’s absolutely no way I’m going to call them, been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc. Changing my number was the best things I’ve ever done.

I’ve just checked on track and trace and it said my CCA letter was delivered from their ….. office on 8/4/09 – so does that mean Link have until 28 April to produce something (what with the bank holidays etc)?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plonkers usually come back pretty quick just depends of what they actually have in their possession. If its like me it's my original store card application that they sent - wrong- it's supposed a credit card one that they are taking me to court for. I'm waiting to see what they come back to me with, nothing I hope - they will be in a mess if they can't produce one.

Are you telling me that they have bank holidays, surely not, it would be an extra couple of days that they wouldn't be able to hound us all on and they wouldn't like that - would they? I think it is supposed to be working days. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Have a nice weekend and forget about them for a couple of days I'm going to try. DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Ha ha, they are hopeless aren’t they, will keep my fingers crossed for you that nothing turns up.

I'm going to try and have a couple of days off from thinking about things, hope you manage to as well. Have a nice weekend.

Hi Joemay, I haven’t heard from Link at all (apart from the ‘call Helen’ card). I checked on track and trace and the CCA letter I sent left their local post office on 8 April so can assume it was delivered that day – not sure, but I think that means the 27th is their last day, not that I'm holding out much hope that it'll do any more than hold them up a bit. I had a lovely break thanks, it helps to know that we’re not alone in this and that there is so much help on here. Hope you had a good break too, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that your post box is empty tomorrow ;).

Don't worry about not hearing from Link - at the moment they will be spitting their dummies out coz my case has been struck out by the judge and thats without a hearing so my opinion is - good on you judge.

I'm sure like me you will hear something from them again soon.

Keep smiling

DG:)

That gave me my first chuckle of the day DG, thanks for that. Would love to be a fly on the wall and see Link having a tantrum, I bet it ain’t a pretty sight :grin:

When you have a minute would you be able to let me have a link to your thread please? I’d love to have a read of it. Such brilliant news for you getting it struck out, good for judge (and good for you too). Well done.

Have now decided to try and reclaim charges etc from MBNA, not entirely sure how I go about it though – do I have to SAR them or is it too soon?

Thanks in advance.

Still not got the link bit worked out but its

Link Financial - GE Money just type that in on the search at the top. There is some very good advice as you can see from my post above and there is some very amusing stuff on it as well. Have fun reading it.

You should get a response from the CCA I did but it was wrong thats part of the reason the judge threw it out.

DG;)

thanks for that DG, am just reading through your thread now (will be here quite a while methinks :)). Am noting things as I'm going through and I'm sure it'll be a great help when my turn comes. Am going to send off the SAR letter today.

OK rec'd letter dated 14/4 they rec'd by 3/4:confused: They don't hold these docs but will request from MBNA, but this could take upto 30 days;). So am awaiting what they send.:p

Congrats DG I'll be checking out your thread later.:D

Quick update. Received letter from link today saying they don't have my agreement but have requested a copy from MBNA plus the most recent terms and conditions. They also say that this can take up to 30 days.

Their 12 + 2 time is up on the 28th. Does anyone know if this means they will be in default if they go beyond that date, I know it would if they were the OC but does it seem unreasonable of me to expect DCA to have it, or get it sooner?

They also say that they purchased my debt from MBNA on 20 March (so thats the second time they've mentioned that date, first time was in the NOA).

I have always wondered about the connection between Link and 1st National - owners Abbey/Santander.

1st National incorporates 1st National Tricity Finance. (Was Lombard Tricity Finance) and orignally the collection centre for the Lombard arm of NatWest as it was then, (Lombard Tricity, Lombard North Central and Lombard Bank) was in Caerphilly.

Link Financial, one address is: Unit 1-5 Hogward Lane, Trecenydd Ind Est CF83 2RZ

1st National, HR address in Wales (given in and advert) is: Unit 1-5 Hogward Lane, Trecenydd, Ind Est CF83 2RZ

Hmmmmmm

David

Hi massamum, You have the same response from link as me. I believe they are indefault, therefore they can't chase. Haven't heard from them so not bothered with account in dispute letter.

Regarding the Notice of assignment date and DF notice to remedy date, this was what shakespear had entered on post 44:

The Notice of Assignment must also fill certain criteria (backed by Case Law) to be valid. The date of assignment referred to in the Notice, must be the same date referred to in the Deed of Assignment. The amount of the debt and the account number must also be accurate and the name and address of the Debtor, Assignor and Assignee must be correct.

Sorry hit the button before I meant to. He mentions assisgnment date which is the notice of assignment, so my understanding is, the deed of assignment, must be the same date as on the notice of assignment, so we would need to see the deeds:confused: I suppose that is what you get requesting CPR as I don't know if they are obliged to give that info with a SAR.

Quite agree, but from what I've been reading on here the problem with DOA is they won't let us have a copy (so we can't check date), apparently will have to force them to show it in court.

I will sit tight too regards the in dispute letter - unless anyone else has any suggestions?

Am loving CAG and all wonderful caggers, its very empowering getting to know your rights and having such brilliant support. I feel like I'm finally getting my life back - hardly any correspondence from dreaded DCAs/banks - aah, bliss.

How are things with you Joemay? Did you send the letter to MBNA getting them to prove date of sale? (Sorry not being lazy but just about to go out and haven't had a chance to look at your thread).

Hope you're well :)

No I didn't send the letter, as we're only just starting the FIGHT am still a little apprehensive about everything, and didn't want alarm bells ringing in their ears. I'm hoping they don't have original CCA, as this was never a MBNA application;)

Have you requested confirmation from MBNA?

I'm fine, days are flying buy as I'm addicted to CAG, this site is great and it does empower you, you find out how these DCAs behalf, therefore you know what to expect and how to react.

The other day I read something on here, can't remember what it was now, and I could not stop laughing, I was crying. My OH & Kids hadn't seen me like that for such a long time, it was great, this site puts everything into perspective, I love it:D

How are things with you? Hope all is good;)

If I hear anymore I'll let you know.

Take care:D

How does the 20th tie up with your default notice? A couple of caggers have had their debts sold before the date for restitution on their DN.

Underdog...I luvs ya!! :D

I've just been panicking because MBNA have sold my debt to Direct Legal (never heard of them) and thanks to you, I've just realised that the debt was sold 4 days prior to the end of the DN period, which was defective anyway because of Easter and the fact they posted it second class.

Don't want to hijack MassaMum's thread...can you reply on mine please....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/182509-help-should-i-cca-4.html#post2122461

Apologies for any inconvenience Massamum ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

hiya all

am subbing if i may pls

just realised must go and find the noa that mbna have sold debt on i think too dates are clashing, now ive read it from these posts its rang a bell with me, yet when i read the letters and dn, it didnt,

this is what cag and its members do, refresh, and re invigorate you to go back and re read letters received,

catch up laters have a sunny day

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

No probs WelshMam, we’re all in this together (besides am gonna have a read of yours later :)).

Hi Angel, I'd bet a penny to a pound they’ve messed up dates on yours too – whats your link I’d be interested to have a read of it.

I know what you mean Joemay, I’m terrified (but determined as well). I had a good laugh at the doorstep collections link (hilarious), what a treat to have so many clever and entertaining people on here, we all need some lighthearted relief.

Looks like I spoke too soon about the correspondence side of things as I came home to a letter from MBNA saying they’ve received my SAR but for security reasons they need positive ID (driving licence or passport which includes the main cardholders signature) – yeah right, as if I’m gonna do that :rolleyes:

They go on to say that even though they’ve sent statements to my home address that a current address is not an adequate form of ID.

Now, I know there’s a letter on here somewhere to reply to this kind of letter and lord knows I’ve been searching for it, but can’t find it. Does anyone know where I might find the right one please???

Thanks for all your help folks.