Disabled parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just wanted to post the latest update, I just recieved a letter from Graham white soliciters saying they have been requested to take legal action and that balifs could be used to take goods to the value of the 'fine' Is this their usual procedure or should I do anything? getting a little bit nervous!!

They say they have been "requested to" take legal action - but they haven't done anything except post you a letter. Why not? You already had a "final reminder" on 6th July!!

They also say "bailiffs could be used". Well, yes, anything in the universe "could" happen. Why don't you sent them an invoice, and point out that if they don't pay it, the company in question "could" be nationalised.

I COULD win the lottery tonight! Not likely because I haven't and won't buy a ticket, but someone MIGHT have bought one for me.

I suggest you stop worrying. They will continue this nonsense for a while more until they realise they are wasting stamps.

No court in the country will award these **** anything.

As metioned elsewhere on this forum, bailiffs can only come an take your goods:

IF: the case goes to court,

AND IF: you lose

AND IF: you fail to pay after 28 days

At the moment, all the talk of bailiffs is a (legally dubious?) threat.

The letters from these people are a bit like the e-mail scams to get your bank details. Some seem more convincing than others, but they're all the same. Imagine you received the following letter:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE OF IMPENDING COURT ATTACK!!!

You committed numerous violations. You now owe us £1,000,000. If paid within 14 days, they amount will only be £500,000.

Failure to pay means we will take your house, goods, family, friends and pets.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you received that you'd never believe it! Their letters are the same. Have a laugh, and ignore them.

I've had another 'FINAL WARNING' from Graham White, saying things like 'If you are in any doubt about the seriousness of the situation you should seek legal advice' and Please be asured this matter will not go away without solution or resolution' is this the standard type of letter they use? I really want to complain and write or phone these people but reading stuff on here that would seem futile.

Should I do anything or just carry on ignoring?

Ignore.

They are bog standard threats and just like the others mean nothing.

Why would they ask you to seek legal advice if they had a case against you? That's counter to their interests and is just there to make things sound serious.

As for "not going away without resolution" - hardly a legal term is it?

I think you're right not to try and complain. Let them waste their money on paper and postage.

I've had another 'FINAL WARNING' from Graham White, saying things like 'If you are in any doubt about the seriousness of the situation you should seek legal advice' and Please be asured this matter will not go away without solution or resolution' is this the standard type of letter they use? I really want to complain and write or phone these people but reading stuff on here that would seem futile.

Should I do anything or just carry on ignoring?

You are ok you still have the final final warning and the final final final warning to come, it's something along the lines of huff and puff etc etc etc.

dpick

• 1 month later...

I havent heard anything from MET since my last post until today, I missed two phone calls from, Graham white solicitors, a message was left just saying they called and with a ref no. Is this the usual practice? I'm still ignoring but what do I say to them if I'm caught out and answer the call?

but what do I say to them if I'm caught out and answer the call?

That you only deal with legal and/or financial matters in writing and that

you're not prepared to discuss such matters over the telephone.

If they ask why, simply say, "Data Protection"..

Wait for THEM to put the phone down, it's much more gratifying!! :D