Villafan -v- Barclaycard

Villafan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi VF,

For starters, you are entitled to a full refund of each and every penalty charge, not just the difference between £20 and £12.

So have you now received a full refund of all penalty chgs on the a/c over the last 6 years.

I'm going to seek advice about whether they can keep the £440 latest refund, even after the a/c was closed with a F&F settlement.

We'll come back on this. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi VF,

You must have already sent BC a Prelim Claim letter for the refund, so I suggest you now send an LBA as follows. Send it to the office that last wrote to you and keep the proof of posting.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Letter Before Action

Account No xxxxx

I refer to your letter of xxdate in which you refused to refund penalty charges of £440 direct to me because of an outstanding balance on the account.

I must disagree with your stance and remind you that you said in your letter of xxdate, "We will consider your account settled in full, closed and with all the records updated accordingly."

The penalty charges I am reclaiming are unlawful and I am entitled to a full refund of them. I do not have to accept you taking them as a further payment into a closed and settled account.

Accordingly, you now have 14 days to refund this amount to me by cheque.

If you fail to comply, I will issue County Court proceedings against you seeking a full refund, interest and court fees, without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

If you have to issue a court claim, you'll use a different name and address for them bt we'll d/w this if/when nec'y. :)

Edited by slick132
  • Haha 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

H VF,

If it's not too late, please note I have now added LBA to the heading in the above letter.

Doh !!

D1cky,

I've already looked in, in response to a similar request left on your own thread. Send a PM rather than hijack others' threads please.