Please help PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The final demand came today saying in large letters 'failure to pay will result in court action' and that failure to pay will result in court proceedings which may lead to a warrant being issued to the bailiffs to recover payment or seize goods. We have 7 days to pay.

I reckon if it does go any further they may send men out pretending to be official bailiffs, but surely if it is legitimate we would have an option of going to court and not just having it decided for us.

Sending out pretend bailiffs would not only be a worthless and criminal exercise - it would also be far too costly given the amount of money they are trying to collect - you credit these people with far too much inteligence. As has been said, it is all just hot air designed to scare you. Scaring people in to paying rather than taking them to court with a weak chance of winning is far more profitable and viable.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It is now the end of Ocober and they don't give up. A couple of weeks ago we got a letter from Roxburghs debt collection agency to ask us to now pay £160 and to get in touch with them. If we didn't it would go to their solicitors Graham White. A week ago a phonecall came from a James at Roxburghs but we were out so didn't get back to them. Today a letter came from the solicitors Graham white.

My husband wasn't going to reply to it so that was my fault as it said if you have a defence let them know before it goes to court. I obviously believed it to be a true solicitors, but have since seen a post on here saying it is part of the [problem].

I rang them to ask if they had my letter of appeal I sent to the original parking ticket, and if so they have the defence and we will be going to court.We would not be paying them.

If I had read this post first I wouldn't have done it, but like you say we worry. I just felt what was the point of going to court if the solicitor could stop it. There is no way we were going to pay anyway. At least now they know we are not ever going to pay so maybe it will stop. Then I asked them what was going to happen now and they said they would get back in touch with their client.

Now I know it is a further development in the [problem] I will not be replying to anything else they send to us.