Help – Bipolar Sufferer signs unregulated credit agreement!!!

joemay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Joe_May,

How's it going..are you OK?

Early bird like me! :)

Elsa x

Thanks Elsa, don't to bad. Yes 2 children make me an early bird!!:smile: How r u?

Have opened another thread as it appears that MBNA have passed over to Link to early. Default letter doesn't give clear 14 working days. Link letter states it was passed to them at least 5 days to early. Have opened a new link to find out what this all means for us, are they in breach and what are the indications for us.

If you have any knowledge of these issues maybe you could you could have a look at the thread subscribed.gifHave MBNA/Link Mucked Up???

Thanks

Jane

hi Jane,

I'm ok thanks..serial early riser from my former years on shifts!

I've looked at your other thread..I've no experience yet with DN's but am researching it same as you as I'm in a similar position. Mine was issued while account in default due to them not supplying full documentation for my CCA request. I'm looking into whether I should sit tight and let them terminate the account before informing them of this, as as far as I can gather this would mean they could only claim the arrears not the full amount. Don't take my word on that though..I'm still looking into it.

If I find out any more I'll let you know.

Glad to see you're settling in here..it gets addictive!! :)

Elsa x

Do you think that maybe I should put thread for unregulated agreement on the legal threads as people are suggesting going to Law Centre. Law centre overloaded can't get appointment for quite some time?

Only site moderators can move threads,you'd need to ask them.

If you go to the main consumer forum page: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to list of members online, right at the bottom.. the site team around at the moment are the names in orange. Just click on a name then send them a message.

Alternatively you could start a new thread in there and link it to this one for reference.:)

Elsa x

What specific help are you looking for joemay?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Basically, OH had signed an unregulated agreement for a car. This was totally out of character. Shortly after he was diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder. I suppose what i'm trying to establish is as he was not fully compos-mentis when he signed the agreement, can the agreement be enforced. The car has been repossed, sold at auction, they are chasing for the shortfull? It there anything we can challenge the DCA/OC in order to stop them trying to recover the £20k they saw he still owes, considering, due to his condition,that he really didn't understand what he was signing/getting himself into.:(

There was an item on TV of a cagger whose father was being chased by a DCA for debts when he was mentally ill. I'll see if I can find the thread about it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.