• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Old Credit Card Account Dont know details

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum but I can't find any reference to it that can help me. Had an Egg Credit card for 3 years up until early 2005. It was a joint card with an ex-partner which I now have no record of. I am wondering how I go about finding out the account no. etc to send a DPA away to them. I have emailed them and I never got a reply!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Send the DSAR giving all the details you can, include any changes of address etc.

They may then contact you for proof of identitiy, but they should be able to call up the information without needing the account number.

As an alternative approach, ring them and ask if they can help with details.

I rang the CO-OP and they at least confirmed enough information for me to make a reasonable S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) application.

In my case i couldnt remember the address where i lived when i had the account, the account number, or the date when it was opened and shut, in fact it was touch and go if i could remeber my name, but it came to me just in time.

FWIW i told them the a small white lie rather than tell them i wanted to sue them.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Ok received a reply to an email I sent as a DPA SAR via theri website with all the info I could think of (address at time of account, joint account holders name, date of closure etc) I received the reply below. I'm not sure what to do now!

"Dear William

We take your security very seriously.

The e-mail you've sent me hasn't been sent through our secure website, which means that I can't confirm your identity.

A secure message can only be sent once you've passed through your security on the Egg website. When the message is sent, we get confirmation that you've passed your security questions and can therefore access your account.

To send a secure message, please visit our website at www.egg.com. From the homepage, select 'your accounts' from the top right of the page. Enter your personal information as requested and click 'log in' to gain access to the secure area of our website. You'll see an option entitled 'Secure Messaging' above your Personal Balance Screen, then just follow the simple instructions.

Once we've received your secure message, we'll be able to sort this out for you.

I look forward to receiving your secure message and giving you your answer.

Regards

Matthew Leivers

Internet Customer Services"

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Send the DSAR by recorded delivery. Include as much information as possible that can be used to identify you, (old utility bills with the address on that applied at the time the account was running).

If the address has changed, also include something to identify your new address.

Ask if there is anything else they require to identify you.

Best of luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Have received a reply, will phone tomorrow.

"Dear gargoil

If you call us on 08451 233 233 we'll be able to action your request.

Thanks for your e-mail."

BOS

I managed to get a good responcefrom Capital one with no details other than previous address etc but done through snailmail

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Ok I've got the details I need(account no.) but not through egg. I noticed on my BOS statements that I made the payment to my egg card from it had the egg account no. listed. However I now have a different problem. This was a joint account till early 2005, when I was the secondary card holder. My name was then removed from the account and the other account holder toook up sole posession of the account for a few months and then the account was closed. I am pretty sure I am still entitled to the Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info when my name was attached to th eaccount but I think that egg will play hard to get as they told me on the phone that as I was not the primary card holder that they couldn't speak to me about the account. The main account holder was an ex-partner who I am no longer in contact with.

BOS

Ok posting out the DPA SAR this week. I notice they ar etrying to delay a lot of people by asking for proof of identity etc. I'm going to pre-empt this by sending a copy of my passport and a utility bill with the access request.

BOS

• 4 weeks later...

Still not got round to posting DPA SAR off, now I've finished one of my claims will post it off this week! :)

BOS

Hi, Ive requested my account info form egg too. I remebered my logon to the secure website and my card number but wasnt sure if this was my account no.? anyways after mailing them i had the response that i could find out my details by sending a SAR to them with appropriate ID documents, So much for needing the secure website then! They are posting details of what ID documents i need to send them, but i wanted to get this SAR in post asap so does anyone know what documents they will be requiring?

Thanks

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.

I photocopied my passport and am sending that with a recent utility bill showing my address with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)!

BOS

Just a quick tip - I had the same problem obtaining 'old' credit card numbers. I managed to track them down using Bank statements that my current account holders had sent to me for another claim - If you have made payments from your current account to your credit card, the payment should have the credit card number referenced on the statement. Good luck.:D

I just emailed from Egg website.. mind you they stated I opened my account in April 2006 & closed it in Feb 2006 !

erm slight mistake !

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

Just received the letter below and my £10 back from Egg. Can someone in the know confirm if I am entitled to the info for this account. It was an account of my exgirlfriends from a few years ago but I was a cardholder. I don't think that they class it as a "joint" account.

"Dear gargoil

Your Data Subject Access Request

Thank you for your letter requesting Data Subject Information Request.

Unfortunately I am unable to carry out your request, as the account to which you refer is not in your name.

The Data Protection Act allows me to provide personal information to the account holder only.

Yours sincerely,

Louise Waterman

Information Risk and Privacy Consultant"

BOS

Can anyone comment on the last post?

BOS

I would have thought only the girlfriend could get the information as they are the person who signed the inital credit agreement, and who would ultimately be liable? Just my thoughts though, but I would have thought that if he is liable for the acct and information about it is recorded on his creedit report that he would then have an arguement to gain more info?

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06