Three (Hutchison 3G) and HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in June 2006 I took out a mobile phone contract with Three and the phone did not work. They promptly sent out a replacement which again did not work. The problem was calls were dropping/cutting out constantly and whenever people tried to phone me the calls would divert to my answer phone instead of getting through to my handset. Over a period of 3 months I had 3 replacement phones and 2 attempts at repairing my phone which I considered very reasonable period of time for them to supply a phone that worked.

I contacted the customer services department regarding my problems and told them that I feel they have broke the contract by not supplying me the equipment/service contracted to do so. After numerous letters and even a phone call from the chief executives secretary, she convinced me to let them attempt to repair the phone one last time as apparently by me not letting them attempt to repair it once more I was to blame! She booked the phone in for repair and said someone would pick it up the following day. She also followed this up with a letter confirming everything that was said in the phone call. A month went buy and no-one collected the phone. I then cancelled my direct debit (along with notifying Three of my intentions) as enough was enough and I was no longer going to pay for a service I was not receiving.

Three then asked an external debt collection company to collect a cancellation fee and other charges totally £330 ish even though they knew the debt was disputed. I made contact with the debt company by letter and they replied saying they have returned the matter back to Three as they had not notified them that the debt was disputed and I owe no moneys to them (the debt collection company). Over the last 3 years I have had another 2 attempts by other debt collection companies that Three have again instructed to collect the debt. I have sent them all the same letter saying Three know this debt is disputed and I still dispute it.

Finally they sold the debt to a company called HFO Services (Whom I know have hundreds of posts about on this forum) who contacted me initially by telephone. They have called hundreds of times and have not responded to any of the 3 letters I have sent them (all recorded delivery). They even told me they will harass me by telephone until I pay. Finally I received a telephone call from HFO Services on Friday notifying me I shall receive court papers within the next 4 days. I am pretty scared now as I thought this would be an easy case to argue but the prospect of court is really getting to me. I have spent this weekend digging out all the letters of correspondence with Three and other debt companies in preparation to enter a defense to the case. Is there anything I need to do I haven't already?

Interestingly enough Three featured (along with a few other mobile phone companies) on Watchdog a couple of weeks ago regarding pretty similar circumstances and when confronted by watchdog dropped the contracts with the people involved and admitted they were at fault.

Hello and Welcome, james.

I'll move this thread to the DCA Forum, you'll get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Firstly - if they call again, refuse to answer any security questions.

Report HFO to the OFT & trading standards.

Saying that they will harrass you until you pay up is scandalous.

Secondly - they have to take you to a county court which will cost them money to do so.

All your outgoings will have to be taken into account, so they'll get £1 per month if lucky.

The DCA's know this, thats why its unlikely the will go anywhere near the place & will just try to threaten the money out of you.

I've been following a couple of threads on HFO services on this forum and it seems they are pretty inadequate (an understatement) when it comes to taking people to court and alot of cases seem to have been thrown out by the courts.

When you say they will take my outgoings into consideration does this mean I'm going to lose, or have a chance of losing? I thought I had a cast iron case.