Honourable action by RBS !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes - this is not April 1st despite all the criticism the above have come in for recently I feel it is appropriate where the situation warrants it to redress the balance.

I have just received the following letter from RBS

Re account xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr Butts,

We refer to your correspondence dated 7 March 2009 and apologise for the delay in our response.

We regret to advise that the card agreement has been misfiled and despite searching of our records we have been unable to locate it. Our record of setting up of the card account has insufficient detail to enable us to recreate the agreement with the required degree of certainty this course of action requires, and I return your £1.00 fee.

In the circumstances we appreciate that under s.78(6) of the CCA if you decide not to meet your obligations under the card agreement as they fall due we will be unable to take steps to enforce repayment of the debt. However we consider that you should continue to meet your obligations under the agreement bearing in mind that the agreement isn't void, it remains valid and your continuing default will be reported to the Credit Reference Agencies. Payments must continue to be paid using your monthly statement which will be sent to you.

Section 78(6) only prevents us from pursuing recovery of the debt through the courts.

Should further assistance be required, please do not hesitate to contact us at the above office.

They have actually enclosed with this letter a copy of The Original Application Form and Terms and Conditions - in fact far more than a lot of Creditors have sent maintaining they have enforceable agreements.

Well done Royal Bank.............

ps It was not me breaking into Sir Fred's Gaff and removing my CCA

You need to send a s10 to them to demand they cease processing your data!

p.s - have PM'ed you the s10 letter - I do not want to post it on the open forum, and I am not sure where it is to provide a link.

Edited by clemma

You need to send a s10 to them to demand they cease processing your data!

Hi Clemma - I'm in a DMP and intend to repay the money (albeit at £1 oddpm)

I just wanted to prevent them from taking me to court.

As I said it was refreshing to find such honesty in a creditor who admit they do not have an enforceable agreement despite sending me far more info than a lot of creditors who claim to have one.

One Letter One Honest Reply - No Bullshi* - if only they were all the same:-D