changing name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

would i be able to open a bt phone line, and put someone elses name in the contract but using my bank account to pay.

and can I change the name of the person paying the bill after I opened the line for a month or two.

and if I had a bt line and I opened broadband with O2, would I need to use my name for the contract or can i use somebody elses.

thanks

No - only the person who is to be legally responsible for the new line can ask BT to provide it. Anyone can pay for the service after tihs has been done.

Unless they have changed their proceedures, you can change the name and address the bill goes to, as this person still does not have to be the persn legally responsible for the line being installed.

Broadband ADSL over a BT line is an arrangement with the BB company and all that is required is the line number for the service to be applied to - who the bill payer is (for the phone line) is immaterial. However, if the phone line is disconnected or removed - BB will disappear, but you'll still be lab;e for any minmum contract term and have to pay off the balance.