style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do the DCAs actually take on debts from say a bank or credit card company? I have tried to PAY OFF a debt for my son but the bank will not actually speak to me unless he is there, and guess what, they always ring at the wrong time. The Halifax leave endless automated messages or use the "push the button" method of enquiry. When we get to the date of birth bit we are advised that it is illegal to pretend to be the customer. Meanwhile they are putting on charges and interest above the amount my son is paying in through a DMP. The balance is growing larger, this is criminal.

Your son can write them a letter authorising you to act on his behalf.

Have you had a word with his DMP adviser asking him why interest is still being added when it is normally frozen when on one of these plans?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

My wife is currently managing the DMP and according to the CCCS these firms may still add on interest, she is getting more and more ticked off and is prepared to withdraw from the plan and do it herself because one or two of the debts keep moving to other collestors and by the time she has paid the single fee to the CCCS a payment has gone to the wrong place.

It is part of CCCS's function to negotiate the freezing of any interest, but saying that the CCCS although a registered charity, are in fact funded by the finance industry...so it's a case of 'he who pays the piper calls the tune'. :rolleyes:

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks cerberusalert, we didn't realise that was the case. My wife has got some letters of authorisation lined up but as it's Saturday will be getting in touch with the CCCs on Monday about a couple of problems. She'll have a full day of agravation by the looks of it as a couple of payments have not been made and some have been confused. It's a good job she's got the patience, I definitely haven't.

I have two creditors who are still adding interest on. They have said it is up to them if the decide to freeze the interest. A lot of the companies will freeze it Sainsburys and Barclaycard of the main ones who wont freeze interest.

Cerberusalert I didn't know CCCS was funded by the finance industry all they ever say is that they are a registered charity - that's a bit naughty I think.DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers

Just had a look never noticed that before no wonder they are happy to help.

DG:

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

That's why they get stroppy when their 'clents' discover their creditors have unenforceable agreements and stop payments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My wife didn't notice that link when checking the online statement for CCCS, she usually checks everything as she doesn't always trust those who are seemingly trying to do you a good turn. Smiling vipers she calls them, along with Tony Blair.