Will ECRB Affect My Application?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have applied for a new job after 18 years in my present employment.

I am now worried as I will need an ECRB.

In 1988 I was convicted of stealing drugs from my then employer. I was prosecuted and convicted and given 6 months probation. I lost my career and it was a horrible time and I am still dreadfully ashamed.:(:(:(

I eventually got myself together and made a go of things and have never since been in any trouble.

The new job asks for all employees to be ercb checked as standard.

I don't think that my offence would be detrimental to the job as I have been very successful in the same type of work all these years but I really want this chance. I have been where I am too long and want to progress.:-(

I don't know what to do. Shall I tell them before they ask me to apply for ECRB?

Thanks for reading,

Cooziepops

I don't know what to do. Shall I tell them before they ask me to apply for ECRB?

yes, you should always declare if you have had any criminal convictions, spent or unspent prior to having the ECRB done, that way they know that you are honest and upfront and it will give you chance to explain things.

if you dont tell them up front then it will probably come as a surprise when they get your CRB check back and it shows a conviction for theft.

I would enclose a letter when you submit the ECRB form explaining the circumstances and mitigating factors and emphasising the way you have turned your life around and moved on.

I've seen it estimated that 1 in 5 folk have a record so you are not alone.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!