Removal of car - New Generation Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have done a fair bit of research on this excellent site and most of the fundamentals are clear to me, but haven't yet found an exact match for circumstances below.

Car got moved within a secure car park - only a short distance - by New Generation Parking (NGP) Ltd. Parkin Charge Notice left on car claimed £75 fine and another £75 for moving car. There was absolutely no need to move the car. Usual threats of increasing fine etc.

Understand NGP are aligned with or part of TPS and Highview Parking.

Can anyone advise whether any of these are companies that tend to take court action (I know it's rare)?

Also anyone heard of a case of moving a car a short distance but not clamping or moving to pound? The only possible reason for moving was financial.

Finally, what's the latest - in cases were court action is taken - on whether Registered Keeper is expected by courts to have cooperated by saying who was driving at the time.

Sounds like they may come under the "Ranger Services" portfolio.

Add them to your research list.

Does your lease say anything about the parking space ? is it an assigned space (yours) or just general parking (an easement).

Have done a fair bit of research on this excellent site and most of the fundamentals are clear to me, but haven't yet found an exact match for circumstances below.

Car got moved within a secure car park - only a short distance - by New Generation Parking (NGP) Ltd. Parkin Charge Notice left on car claimed £75 fine and another £75 for moving car. There was absolutely no need to move the car. Usual threats of increasing fine etc.

Towing away and demanding a release fee requires them to be licensed by the SIA. However as they didn't hold on to it I'm not sure that this qualifies. Might be interesting to make an enquiry to the SIA.

You might also want to complain to the police as this constitues interference with a motor vehicle.

Understand NGP are aligned with or part of TPS and Highview Parking.

Can anyone advise whether any of these are companies that tend to take court action (I know it's rare)?

Don't know anything about these two firms. However even if they do take you to court they have a very hard job proving who the driver was especially if the RK won't play ball.

Also anyone heard of a case of moving a car a short distance but not clamping or moving to pound? The only possible reason for moving was financial.

It does seem stange but I would suggest it is likely that they are not licensed for towing/clamping which is a requirement under the PSI Act. (www.thesia.org.uk for more details).

Finally, what's the latest - in cases were court action is taken - on whether Registered Keeper is expected by courts to have cooperated by saying who was driving at the time.

You are under no legal obligation to name the driver. That said if you are asked in court you should not lie. If the driver wasn't you then a simple no will suffice. If you do have to name the driver there are other plenty of areas where their case will be deficient.

However it probably won't come to that. If they can't establish who the driver is then they can't get to first base. This thread details some of the other problems they face. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html

Edited by pin1onu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odd scenario.

Usual advice applies - do not contact, do not pay, completely ignore etc.

I'm sure you don't recall ordering your car to be moved. I'm sure you wouldn't pay if a TV turned up that you didn't order.

Little/no chance of court - as usual.

Yes, NGP are part of Ranger cameras - together with Highview, TPS & various others. I had an 'invoice' from them a year last September for overstaying in a car park in South Wales. Had 2 reminders & a silly begging letter & that was it. Bit disappointed though as I didn't receive any 'debt' collectors letters & still waiting for them to take me to court as they threatened.

Obviously, as previous advice - don't pay & ignore.