New auction sniping service - ConsumerSniper.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a blatant plug for an automated auction sniping service at

ConsumerSniper

If you buy things from eBay and you don't use a sniping service then maybe you should have a look at ConsumerSniper.

If you don't know what auction sniping is then you should have a look too.

If you already use an automated sniping service - well, have a look at this one anyway.

This is a private venture but it pays CAG a hosting fee and a commission on any subscriptions or bid packages sold.

CAG needs them because donations and sales are very slow.

ConsumerSniper is on Beta at the moment. It is still being tested and so we need your comments and your feedback.

During the testing period, ConsumerSniper is available to you completely free. You can bid on unlimited auctions until the testing period is over.

After that you will be given two weeks unlimited bids to use before you decide whether to take up one of the pricing options.

This sniping service is in Beta. There may be bugs or glitches which will be ironed out over the next week or so - with your help.

www.ConsumerSniper.com

Works for me nic. Firstly goes to a .org then link at the bottom of that page goes to .com

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

A couple of people have said that they have had problems with this link - so something is a bit glitchy but it works most of the time.

Also there are certainly some teething problems with the bidding system which we are trying to understand and to work out.

Warning: this is in Beta.

no adrenalin and stop watches then :rolleyes: thats half the fun :D

More than half, quite often.

Actually it's still quite exciting watching the bidding going up and waiting for your killer bid to swoop in at the last moment

Only if you're an adrenaline junkie, BF. :razz:

I absolutely hate it, although that's the way I do it, it leaves me with hands shaking and heart thumping, and me berating myself for getting into such a state over a £10 trinket, lol.

I think the sniper thing will be perfect for the likes of me, can't wait to try it! :-D

We have started to find some serious flaws in the service so we suggest that people do not use it for the moment

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we think that the problems are dealt with - so it is back on line. Unlimited bids for all until we have finished testing.

I placed bids on 9 auctions last night in the space of an hour and a half.

Won 5 of them, lost 4 but in all of them my bids were sniped in during the last 4 seconds.

The only problem seems to be that if you press the refresh button and the system has to fresh the bid details for a dozen or so auctions, then it takes a while before it redraws the page.

Only if you're an adrenaline junkie, BF. :razz:

I absolutely hate it, although that's the way I do it, it leaves me with hands shaking and heart thumping, and me berating myself for getting into such a state over a £10 trinket, lol.

I think the sniper thing will be perfect for the likes of me, can't wait to try it! :-D

Go ahead and start trying it out