Can action be taken on debt while awaiting SAR response?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick query as to whether accounts are put on hold and creditors not allowed to take recovery action while awaiting response to a SAR request, in the same way as while waiting for a CCA response?

Thanks

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

I believe that a sar does not constitue putting an account on hold until the 40 day limit has expired, same as the 12+2 days for a cca request

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks PGH 7477 :)

Also..Any thoughts on whether action can be taken:

a) When a formal complaint is made to bank re irresponsible lending..during awaiting response to complaint

and

b) (Following unsatisfactory response from bank) while awaiting FOS to investigate complaint.

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks,

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

If you have made a formal complaint then any further collection activity should be suspended, until the complaint is rectified or answered by the OC/DCA etc

If the complaint is with the FOS then I dont beleive the point above applies, but not 100% sure on that bit

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Thanks again :)

Need to be sure of my ground..walking on "eggshells"!

I think I have a genuine case, but worried if I rock the boat they might escalate things in retaliation.

Elsa x

...To providing a substantial amount of unsecured credit (card/loan) based on my income consisting of Incapacity Benefit, DLA and a small Public pension. However no checks were made on my income source by the Bank.

I'm also researching the enforceabilty of said loans/cards for obvious reasons.

Thanks again,

ElsaX

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

OK so you applied for a Loan? when was this and have you requested your loan agreement from the bank to see if it is enforceable

Unfortunately back in the 1990 when the banks were throwing monmey at people very few checks were carried out, but that is neither here nor there.

Have you now defaulted on the loan? and have they passed it to a DCA

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi Again,

Yes I haven't paid anything for a few months, CCA'd and got copy of agreement and seperate T&C's which obviously aren't specifically mine, but no statement of account. In meantime they've just issued a default notice which I intend to try and void as CCA not fulfilled.I then intend to send SAR. I have a CCard with them too, also CCA'd now past the 12 +2 limit.

Loan not with a DCA yet but CCard is..they are aware of CCA request and holding off.

My other loan is with my main bank, taken out in 2007..2 credit cards and an overdraft. Have sent SAR re current account and CCA for loan and cards..all now overdue. It's a nightmare! Not paying any of them at moment..just keeping up with priority bills. Ive set up a parachute account. All above actions through advice on here, without which I wouldn't have known where to start. I hope to complain to FOS re both banks.

Thanks again,

Elsa x