CCA Requests after 12+2 days

skint40

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here and would like some advice. I've sent for CCA requests (all of them were sent by recorded delivery and have been signed for) but 12 +2days are up tomorrow. I've had no reponse - what is my next step? Have read that I do not require to give them a further 30 days before I inform them that account is in dispute.

Any help would be much appreciated :confused::confused:

Wait until the 12+2 days are up and then send them letter #16 from 'In Dispute' letter 16 from The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for replies. I will send off the letter as suggested.

I'm wondering what the legal position is for me now when they have failed to produce CCAs. Can they produce ones later on and then enforce the debt or can I legally stop paying?

You can legally withold any further payments until they provide an enforceable CCA.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Also, what would happen if they supply a CCA after the 12+2 days that is valid - do you then have to start paying them again or do they have to go through the courts to get payments? If the court situation happened, what would be the likely outcome be?

If they produce an enforceable CCA you would be expected to resume payment. If they applied for a CCJ a judge would only order you to pay an amount he considered a reasonable amount after reading your income & expenditure declaration. Depending on your circumstances this could be as little as £1 per month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suggest just go very quiet after sending off your Serious Dispute letter, a letter is not considered to be served legally unless delivered by recorded delivery i.e. signed for. Make them do the work if they want to take you to court reply to any forms from the court after checking back here. You can claim. 'I sent a letter by recorded delivery asking for a copy of agreement and have received nothing until this letter from the court'...

Yes and no it is not really in their interest to let you know if they have a valid agreement or not if you think about it. Wait for 3 months after you have stopped making payments and the chances improve as your non payment is starting to hit the bottom line. The amount on the account should also be a factor in their enthusiasm. Just banish the thought from your mind most people seem to be lucky, deal with a potentially valid agreement by checking the stickies for the guide on spotting the common errors and posting it up here for opinions.