Is Argos CCA enforceable? Please help

alsodada

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Following a CCA request, I got the following from Argos. The card was taken out in 2003. I am not entirely sure, but I think that it is possible that there was some information on the other side of the application form although I can't remember exactly what, if indeed there was. I note though, that the t&c's they sent has the date 22/5/03 which is prior to my applying for the card. Your advice is most appreciated.

Argos1.jpg

Argos2.jpg

Argos3.jpg

Argos4.jpg

Argos5.jpg

That's a blank application form and T & C. Are they really claiming that this is a copy of your agreement?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

I take it that there were no personal details on the rest of the documents. So you have a signed application, with no prescribed terms, and several other pages that may or may not be part of an agreement you signed. IMHO it is certainly not watertight.

There has been a lot of debate regarding prescribed terms being within the four corners of the signature document.

My fight with Halifax.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

• 2 weeks later...