• Tweets

• https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408156-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-next-cat-debtclaim-dismissed/page/4/#comments https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/404240-arrowshoos-spc-old-newday-aqua-credit-card-debt-claim-dismissed-no-dn/page/4/#comments default notice win  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/407490-meiii-cabotnolans-spc-claim-old-yorkshire-bank-loan-2nd-claim-dismissed/  
    • It follows a public backlash after stores were told they could not sell items such as clothes. View the full article
    • With regard to your question on post 207 if you bring in the points that I made on the validity of the contract they are supposed to have with Peel holdings then mention that there are already doubts about the validity of the contracts that are being used by the PPCs and the OPS is a classic example. Once you are on there you should then try and get your other point in after that.   if it is in connection with the extra charge of £60 remind the Judge that the charge has been defined by many Court across England that the charge is an abuse of process which was covered in PE v Beavis at point 198    " The charge has to be and is set at a level which enables managers to recover the costs of operating the scheme"  IE the £100 charge covers all their expenses so nothing should be added.   as their WS claims an extra £60 that could be judged as perjurious since it is an additional sum that should be known by VCS and the author of the WS as a double recovery. Especially as they have already lost in Court for the same reason.   Another cause to prove that they do not comply with their Code of Conduct. file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/CamScanner%2008-05-2020%2016.34.59.pdf  Byelaws are statutory not arbitrary as their WS said on no .42 .   Best of Luck.   The above URL does not work but this one does http://forums.National Consumer Service.com/index.php?showtopic=133001    [20.1 is where  VCS  lost then 20.2 where they appealed and lost again . But read the whole thread as it may help you in other ways too.
    • Sian Williams from Indonesia takes us through her week during the coronavirus pandemic. View the full article
    • stop doing nolans job for them... there are numerous threads here in the same forum yours is in     no DN info to follow   dx    
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4192 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have contacted my former partner and I am getting some more detail in the morning.

Just a little background. I was diagnosed with a frontal lobe atrophy in other words my memory was shot for about three years and is now recovering slowly, early onset of Alzheimer's.

Anyway I had little to do with the running of the business even as a sole trader And I know it was my responsability

i am led to believe we had over thirty employee's and she said i more than likely owe the money as there were more priority's than that one.

Like shopping and living the good life.

So do I still send this letter and ask for an explanation of how it is calculated.

This gets worse the more I learn.

Bighomer

Hi,

I have contacted my former partner and I am getting some more detail in the morning.

Just a little background. I was diagnosed with a frontal lobe atrophy in other words my memory was shot for about three years and is now recovering slowly, early onset of Alzheimer's.

Anyway I had little to do with the running of the business even as a sole trader And I know it was my responsability

i am led to believe we had over thirty employee's and she said i more than likely owe the money as there were more priority's than that one.

So do I still send this letter and ask for an explanation of how it is calculated.

This gets worse the more I learn.

Bighomer

I think you have answered your own question here BigHomer when you say:

If the former partner is the same 'former partner' mentioned in that link you sent me last week I'm afraid I'd have to guess it's highly likely that you do owe the PAYE money. You earned it she burned it.

You are still entitled to an explanation as in the circumstances it sounds like these matters were very much out of your hands and there might be scope to get some kind of deal struck. I would imagine you had counsel during the affair of 2004 and suggest that you get in touch with them immediately and try to establish exactly what happened regarding the asset recoveries made against your ex partner. This is horribly complicated and you really do need to establish what went where and who it belonged to. I can help you 'til the cows come home where HMRC are trying to claim against you incorrectly or unlawfully but where they have a valid claim and it has been executed validly then the best tax lawyer in the land will struggle to get you off.

I know you don't want to hear this as you've been through the mill over your ex's dealings once before but it's quite likely she has left you up to the neck in it with HMRC. You need to establish what your liability is, what her liability is (if any) and what the terms were when the authorities went after the assets.

Please, please, please get some legal advice from someone who has or can get access to all that went on before.

I'll help you all I can the SA stuff is still 100% relevant don't let them slap determinations on you but you have to understand that if the money was earned and due and your ex partner did not pay it that they will want it from yourself.

It might be better just to write back with a simple I am bemused why you claim I owe this money letter. 'I understood all income tax liabilities had been met and this had been accounted for when the asset seizing was conducted'.

TBH. Surely any outstanding liabilities in respect of HMRC or similar should have been taken into account although it would probably hinge on whose name things and accounts were in at time of seizure. You need copies of accounts and paperwork from every agency involved to see if payments should have been made first. It's more than a bit choice if they took everything and then left you with a huge tax bill if they should have settled the tax and then seized assets. You need to get on the case and get someone very well qualified to get stck in for you if at all possible.

I just cannot see this problem being resolved through this website. The SA stuff yes definitely but the PAYE no I'm afraid. If your ex has been taking money out your company you need to look very closely at how much and what money has gone. Unlike the authorities even if you laid criminal charges against the partner in the matter you'd be unlikely to see a penny back or get out of any liability regarding the PAYE.

IMO you need a good accountant and a good lawyer involved asap, preferably people who are familiar with the setup. This is a massive drawback to running a PAYE scheme as a Sole Trader not an LTD which could and would have been liquidated years ago.

Sorry for all the bad news, I wish you the very best of luck I know it's been a dreadful few years for you.

(Maybe you ought to look at how your assets are currently distributed).

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Yes it is the same partner.

As regards assets,

Well i have had to sell my home joint names of course and bank accounts stripped etc etc. after things were sold they took there money and I was left to buy a home which i am in and I recieve disability living allowance

so I don't have huge assets

I know all the vehicles were sent to a dealer for storage and he sold them and went bust but nobody wanted to know at the time because of what was going on.

Any way I will send the letter and ask as to how the money is being borke down etc, And see what the response is.

I suppose I have nothing to loose .and all to gain.

I will take legal advice as to where i stand etc as regards to the assets and all that.

Bed now

Let you know what response i get from the HMRC etc

thanks

Bighomer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have had a telephone call to say the HMRC are in receipt of my letter (Copy of what you wrote).

The man I am in contact with says the self assesments are time barred but has not respond to my letter in writing. I have been doing some research and I do owe the monies.

My solicitor made an offer of £10,000.00 a few years ago and they made no response.

I have again offered on the telephone 10K and I have been told they will send forms for me to fill in too make the offer, But I don't really want to fill in a means form.

So my question today is what do I do to make an offer which I am told will have to go to another dept to be decided.

I have recieved the papers from the data protection request and they know how many toilet rolls I use a week, And it is linked to the court case I told you about

Thanks

Bighomer

Okay BigHomer that's good news on the time barring as they cannot now raise a determination against you personally for extra amounts. (If you do it's a straightforward appeal to the commisioners).

The other one I'm still not sure about.

VAT accept the business was a Ltd for VAT purposes.

HMRC (also the VATman) do not accept the business was a Ltd for IT and NIC purposes. (Be curious to know what Companies House think)

I'll need to have a good think and try and get some 'inside' help on this one.

I suggest that before making any offer whatsoever that you demand to see their hand so to speak.

You want a copy of the PAYE assesment and the date on which it was made.

A copy of any documentation used in their decision making regarding why they hold you personally responsible for any amount alleged owed instead of the Ltd company being held liable.

Copies of all documentation deemed sent or served in accordance with the relevant laws for this PAYE assesment to be valid.

Details of any Court proceedings instigated for the recovery of this money. etc etc.

You need to put the pressure on them to prove the debt to you, if they struggle they might well be happier to go for a lower settlement.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

I will try and draft a letter tomorrow asking for what you have said,

I will post tomorrow what they have sent to my old address regarding stat demand. What ever that is, It says it in the papers they sent from the data people etc

Thanks

Bighomer

Hi,

Is this what I need to send, Can you ammend if it is not correct or too much Blah Blah Blah from Me

Dear Sir,

I wrote to you on the 00/00/0000 and I am still awaiting a response in writing and I have enclosed a copy of that letter.

I need to have things in writing as I have a frontal lobe atrophy which affects my memory recall.

I would like a copy of the PAYE assessment and the date it was made,

A copy of any documentation used in your decision making regarding why you hold me personally responsible for any amount alleged owed instead of the Ltd company being held liable.

The HMRC VAT Dept has accepted that the LTD Company had taken over all liabilities of the sole trader and as the VAT and the Inland Revenue are one or the same I don’t see how they can be separate on one hand and joint in the other.

I would also like Copies of all documentation deemed sent or served in accordance with the relevant laws for this PAYE assessment to be valid.

Details of any Court proceedings instigated for the recovery of this money. And copies of any statutory demands issued or served.

As you are fully aware that the asset recovery dept from the police seized and restrained all bank accounts and I was made part of a court order for my assets to be restrained and most of the business monies were taken or used in relation to the proceedings.

I would have thought that The HMRC would have sorted all this out at the time as they were in contact with the Police etc at the time and I would have thought you would or should have declared your interest at the time Monies were available.

Yours

Bighomer

Edited by bighomer46
Bad font

Hi Toulose LeDebt,

I have recieved a Self Asseement statement from The revenue for £801.71 with no covering letter saying what period this is for.

I have telephoned them on a Liverpool No amd the Lady says she will be sending a statement.

This invoice is part of the self assessment that we said was Time Barred

I have recieved another letter from the Debt Management Office

Asking me to fill in a form showing what assets and income I have and any other assets etc Also on the Back page is a section to make an offer to settle the Debt.

What should I do,

Do I have to fill in the form asking for my assets and income etc ,

I will dispute the self assessment part as we have said Time Barred

But I don't seem to get any response In writing from the HMRC at all

They only telephone me which leaves me with no proof of what has been said or discussed.

Thanks

Bighomer