style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last august we wanted to book a cruise sailing from florida to the panama canal for a 50th birthday.

we have virgin freeway accounts that top up miles flown (like ba airmiles) so wanted to earn and use etc so we wanted to make sure we had virgin flights.

so to secure this we vooked via virgin holidays as they use virgin flights, but at the time of booking 8/2008 they said to secure the cruise we would have to book economy flights 8/2008 as upper class were not yet on the booking sytem as they arent released until2009 but when they are released we can upgrade.

today we checked virgin atlantic and upper class prices are on the system,so telephoned virgin holidays and they will not allow us to now upgrade. they say we have to cancel the economy flights and rebook upper class flights which via them which come out at an upgrade cost of £11,000 (yes eleven grand) yet on the virgin atlantic site it is quoting £2700 (two thousand seven hundred).

we are very upset as this was for a 50th birthday and when we booked we were told the upperclass supplement cost when released in 2009 can be calculated in 2 ways : a/ take the whole figure as a new fare and take off the already economy value or b/ they would get the upgrade cost and just add it to economy fare paid - the same figure should be the end cost.

i think we have been mis sold a holiday here on a promise they would upgrade the flight when the fares were released BUT to do that we had to book on economy.

now we are stuck with economy or we pay the £11000 for new upperclass tickets. we spoke to virgin atlantic who said they can only book the flights as new £2700 but did tell us virgin atlantic arent atol so our cruise and flightsif booked seperately wouldnt have full cover as if virgin holidays sorted it all out. Again virgin holidays wont do it unless for £11 grand.

Anyone any suggestions - we booked this in good faith that we would be able to upgrade, and the person dealing with our booking KERRY assured us that the costof upgrading wouldnt be that much as holiday companies get better rates than going via virgin atlantic themselves - hence the desire to make this a special holiday.

the other thing virgin holidays said, they are not able to liase with virgin atlantic as they are not the same company. YET putting in virgin.com it clearly lists : virgin money, virgin phones, virgin holidays, virgin atlantic etc etc all based in Crawley as the head office.

So frankly I could cry, if we write off the economy flights with virgin holidays and book direct with virgin atlantic then we have two invoices the holiday one will cover any problems with the cruise/hotel etc as its atol but the flights arent so we are vunerable if virgin pulled the flights - we'd miss the cruise and not be able to reap our cruise cost back as not on one booking.

What I want now is to get all the money back, I think we were spun a yarn, I dont thinkk virgin holidays had any intention of upgrading our flights and this £11 grand is a yarn to fob us off.