Ive had my Identity Stolen..

petramuir

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Im new to this Forum, and only discovered it today because i'm frnatically trying to find some useful advice on what to do when your identity has been stolen.

A few weeks back i received a letter from a loan company confirming my application had been successful - i had not asked for a loan, and this seemed a bit odd - the next day i received a letter from Experian advising my membership had been confirmed - again i hadnt asked to be a member

Over the next few days/weeks i have received letters from American Express, Halifax, Littlewoods, HSPF - all confirming successful applications - i have contacted all of these companies and they have all cancelled these applications with no problems.

I have contacted the police, and have a case number, but they seem totally not interested in finding out how is committing this impersonation.

My issue is i dont know what to do next - i want to find out what information this person is using and has, and i want him caught (or at least peace of mind that he wont/cant do it again. - ive asked all these companies to advise me on how this happened, but none have replied!

My other big concern is that he/they have tried to access my credit file via experian - i dont know what this information holds, or what use it is to him, but again as yet i have had no replys from Experian, ion how or why they have given access to an imposter - especially as most info on this subject say that these credit agencies are your only hope!! - surely youd think a company that advertises its help in ID Theft, would be the last one you would expect to offer your information up to an imposter!!

Anyway, i now seem in a situation of waiting for the post everyday to see what company they have applied to in my name today!

any advice much appreciated

Thankyou - i will do this

Having not used this before, would i need to re-type my text, or ca i copy it over?

Actually no need for an answer - up to me to work it out

thanks for your help though - already more help than any of these financial companies or the police have offered so-far!!

cheers

'Petramuir' (dude)