give clampers a break!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously none of you park illegaly on private ground...you are to be congratulated!!

Since when has the parking on private land been subjected to law - it would be impossible for any of us to park illegaly on private land becuase there is no such thing - all one can do is park contrary to the landowners conditions of use.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

i'm all for regulating the trade. Yes, some firms DO charge ridiculous ammounts to to release or tow, but this is some, not all. Like i said before, the vast ammount of firm use the local councils own figures as guidelines, this is not extortionate.

Whilst it is fair to say that the majority of people dislike clampers immensely, it unfortunately is here, whether you dislike it or not, if sufficient notices are up and all the relevent guide lines are adhered to....we can only go by what has been set, then it is down to the individual if he /she descides to try and flaunt these regs. If they do then it's obvious there will be consequences following these actions.

Personally i would like to see decent sized bays, with bollards between them everywhere we shop, disabled bays with some electronic device attached to the tag that drops a bollard to allow disabled parking. Anything is possible, it's just a case of when and who comes up with a solution. We need to get away from the sloppy inconsiderate parking attitude we have, manners and consideration cost nothing and if we do it, hopefully our kids will follow.

i'm all for regulating the trade. Yes, some firms DO charge ridiculous ammounts to to release or tow, but this is some, not all. Like i said before, the vast ammount of firm use the local councils own figures as guidelines, this is not extortionate. - sorry but anything above £20 is extortion

Whilst it is fair to say that the majority of people dislike clampers immensely, Bit of an understatement, used to live in a block of flats and the scummy clamper hung around and clamped anybody, it got so bad that taxi firms and take-away-delivery people refused to come to our flats it unfortunately is here, whether you dislike it or not, if sufficient notices are up and all the relevent guide lines are adhered to....we can only go by what has been set, Really tell that to your comrades in arms then it is down to the individual if he /she descides to try and flaunt these regs. If they do then it's obvious there will be consequences following these actions.

Personally i would like to see decent sized bays, with bollards between them everywhere we shop, disabled bays with some electronic device attached to the tag that drops a bollard to allow disabled parking. Anything is possible, it's just a case of when and who comes up with a solution. We need to get away from the sloppy inconsiderate parking attitude we have, manners and consideration cost nothing and if we do it, hopefully our kids will follow.

There is no such thing as "park illegally on private ground" and until there is a law passed that does make it illegal, regardless of what signs are put up, then you loose your argument, worst case is a TORT of trespass

just what "regs" and set by who, they mean sweet FA

It’s very clear you DONT understand the Legal Issues on Parking on private land

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

It is possible to clamp fairly and correctly, but we see it once in a blue moon.

Your faith in the SIA / BPA system is misguided however. There is no real regulation - it's a fudge. I'm wondering if it's naivity on your part?

We can't judge what kind of clamper you are, or what your company is like because you refuse to give us any real information.

I hope you are as fair as you say, but without evidence to the contrary, we can only deduce that you're just another cowboy clamper working for a cowboy company.

I'm still confused about the bay issue. People don't generally get clamped for such slight misdemeanours. No doubt you give out toytown unenforceable invoices for these poor souls.

The legal issues of parking on private land....everything i have been quoting has come from the BPA code of practice for parking enforcement on private land and unregulated public car parks, part 1;vehicle immobilisation and removal.

So maybe i should go tell them that they dont know what they are on about?

its a code of practise NOT LAW

yes you should go and tell them just like many have done in the past,

dont be brainwashed by there crafted use of words

a good old proverb " you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time "

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Guest Slipslidingaway

Yawn, well bored now. And (Edit) has still not admitted how much he will charge. He will not make a very good clamper if instead of hiding behind hedges he is on here arguing the toss all the time.

Edited by freakyleaky
No insults please

from your code

The code is a guide NOTE: GUIDE not LAW to good practice in the field of

vehicle immobilisation and removal. It is intended to help

raise standards in a sector, which has in the past,

suffered so much from ‘rogue traders’ and consequently

a poor public image.

In certain circumstances the immobilisation and removal

of vehicles is not unreasonable, however, it must be

undertaken in a reasonable manner.This code aims to

set standards for ‘reasonable’. I commend it to you.Only commend so NOT LAW then

The Code has no legal significance and is not an

interpretation of the Law in any jurisdiction of the

United Kingdom; it is the parking industry’s response to

ensuring as far as reasonably practical that all persons

engaged in Vehicle Immobilisation or Removals act in a

reasonable and diligent manner with due regard to the

Law in the relevant part of the UK where the activity is

taking place and to promote the use of best practice in

the management of parking on private land.

Damn Kip your quick :-)

The legal issues of parking on private land....everything i have been quoting has come from the BPA code of practice for parking enforcement on private land and unregulated public car parks, part 1;vehicle immobilisation and removal.

So maybe i should go tell them that they dont know what they are on about?

By and large, they don't. So yes, do tell them.

It's a code of practice. Cobbled together by various PPCs with vested interests.

It has no basis in law, either statutory or common, and is worth about as much as the toilet paper that its members fraudulently pass off as "tickets".

And that's when its members even subscribe to its arbitrary rules, which is demonstrably rare.

I still want confirmation that timmyfishfinger isn't going to clamp for drivers who are 10 minutes over in a 2 hour free car park, have one wheel outside the bay marking, have parked in a M&C bay without a child seat clearly showing etc etc. None of these "offences" would constitute trespass as clearly the driver was allowed to park there in general, he just "broke" one of the many rules.

The only place clamping would be valid is an area where parking is not allowed, period. Therefore the driver HAS trespassed to even park there in the first place.

As timmyfishfinger became a clamper to stop people parking badly beside him, what was he doing parking in this no-parking area in the first place? ;)

Love this

Addressing the BPA Members’ Dinner, President Lynn Witham said: "Illegal or inconsiderate parking needs to be seen as anti-social. Without proper parking enforcement almost everyone would be affected, and many people could not go about their daily lives. Sorry what planet is she living on people cant go about their daily lives hahahahaha While most people accept the need for sensible regulations and enforcement, the current system does not appear to be working. Now is the time, therefore, to bring together everyone involved in parking, from industry to consumer, to look at where we are, where we want to be, and to set the goals for achieving a system that is fair, workable and benefits everyone."

Right, so weve descided it's a code of practice and not law. As that is all we have to go on then it's about time someone came up with something that IS law.

Like i stated at the beginning, i'm awaiting my licence and i'm not going to work without it like some cowboys.

Argueing the toss........ i'd prefer it as putting over my views on the subject and gaining insite as to what everyone else thinks, i'm not argueing as that is pointless and futile. Oh, if this subject bores you so much go and read something else and let me have someone elses insight and input.

As previously said, i dont set fees, but the fees that are in place are in line with the local councils own. If you still feel it's extortionate, then please feel free to inform your local council and ask them to change it, but as we well know, each council sets its own rates for various services so you will never get 1 fee across the board.

Parking awards available at this years prestigeous Civil Enforcement Awards

There are ten Awards up for grabs and you can enter as many categories as you like:

o Technology Award - Clock watching for beginners - or how to ensure that the time on your watch is different from the one on the parking ticket

o Innovation Award - How to fix a clamp while the driver is getting a ticket without getting caught

o Training Award - Added by mistake - there is no training needed

o Initiative of the Year - No sorry as above our people dont do initiative, unless it is how to hide the no parking signs

o Campaign of the Year - Every firm has entered this, cause they all campaign to get as many unlawful tickets issued as possible

o Service to the Community - No another mistake, we only service our bank balances

o Team of the Year - Going to the team with the most clamps applied to vunerable drivers, or to the team that is able to frogmarch a pensioner to the nearest ATM without getting caught

o Individual of the Year - as above

o Environmental Award - issued to the team that towed most cars, thereby ensuring that they did not pollute the atmosphere by being able to be driven away

Just noticed the enviroment award is sponsored by the Marston Group, another well know company on the CAG

One wheel outside the bay, ask any traffic warden, you have to be parked WITHIN the lines not outside and it's a ticketable offence. To know if your 10 minutes outside a 2 hour free stay i have to know what time you came in, i'm not sitting there waiting for you, as for mother and child, again severely open to abuse as i could park in there with my mother and i'm 42 and still her child so to speak, again open to abuse, but who says what age a child is?? and who's parking in a no parking area?

Right, so weve descided it's a code of practice and not law. As that is all we have to go on then it's about time someone came up with something that IS law.
Such as the Private Security Industry Act 2001? Case law (such as Vine and Anker)?

There's a body of law that covers all of this already. Further legislation is only ever the answer for the ill informed and terminally dim.

Like i stated at the beginning, i'm awaiting my licence and i'm not going to work without it like some cowboys.
Well good for you. May your intergrity match your intentions.

Argueing the toss........ i'd prefer it as putting over my views on the subject and gaining insite as to what everyone else thinks, i'm not argueing as that is pointless and futile. Oh, if this subject bores you so much go and read something else and let me have someone elses insight and input.
But it is arguing the toss when you make unsupported claims, use fallacious arguments and disingenuously misrepresent what is being said to you.

As previously said, i dont set fees, but the fees that are in place are in line with the local councils own. If you still feel it's extortionate, then please feel free to inform your local council and ask them to change it, but as we well know, each council sets its own rates for various services so you will never get 1 fee across the board.
You're making a a logical connection that does not exist. The charges set by private operators are in no way connected to those charged lawfully by local authorities, other than by fanciful thinking.

One wheel outside the bay, ask any traffic warden, you have to be parked WITHIN the lines not outside and it's a ticketable offence.
Governed by statute.

Which statute governs bays in private car parks?

To know if your 10 minutes outside a 2 hour free stay i have to know what time you came in, i'm not sitting there waiting for you, as for mother and child, again severely open to abuse as i could park in there with my mother and i'm 42 and still her child so to speak, again open to abuse, but who says what age a child is?? and who's parking in a no parking area?
Write in a language that I can understand, and I might be able to respond.

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child

According to the UN convention on the Rights of the Child, which the UK Government has ratified:

A child means every human being below the age of eighteen years unless, under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier.”

Article 1 – Convention on the Rights of the Child (adopted by the UN in 1989 and ratified by the UK in 1991).

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Having your leg in plaster doesnt qualify for a blue badge. The signs state...blue badge holders only, so your just trying to find a way around a perfectly legal sign displaying all the relevent information, and you say clampers are out to get money any way they can? think this makes you as bad somehow.

Time to shut this down i feel, thanks for the input everyone, most of your views were welcome (always a few exceptions) and like most i will await a law regarding clamping and hope it gets regulated better so we are not all seen as bad eggs. Thank you for your time.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks