give clampers a break!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suprised the sia have given badges wrongfully as the paperwork is very extensive, especially for the vehicle immobilisers part.

obviously being unlawful or devious is a way to get any company a bad name, but that can apply to any business....plunbers and drain companies coming to mind.

Those of us that do what we do correctly and courtiously should not be tied with the same brush regardless of how people look at the job.

I'm here to improve parking for the people who do it correctly, ie. keep spaces open and the way clear and i'm purely trying to eliviate the bad eggs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

substitue 'its completely lawful' for we can get away with it!

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

So if you're not in it for the money but see yourself as a knight in shining armour righting the wrongs and protecting the widow, the orphan and the disabled, and bearing in mind that you have the right to survive and make a small living in the process...

How much are you going to charge?

(2nd time asked)

Those of us that do what we do correctly and courtiously should not be tied with the same brush regardless of how people look at the job.

Which is why we're inviting you to show us how you're not one of them. What is your signage and follow-up paperwork like?

If you're fair and courteous, what's the problem?

Well all i can say on the wrongly issued badge issue is that mine has cost a lot of money and the paperwork i had to fill out very extensive. Any faults with the form and it gets sent back straight away, they check everything which is why i have to wait 6-9 weeks for it to be processed.

The signage and follow up paperwork is all as it should be, written with the guidlines from the BPA & SIA as are all the working practices of the firm. As for charging costs, it's in line with what the local authorities consider fair and is not extortionate.

You say the reason you are doing this is because you are sick of people parking in disabled bays who aren't disabled. I've had similar issues with people parking in parent/ child spaces - I dont put up with it -i tell them, I dont go running off to join the clampers!

I'm not proud of this but I have also had to have words with a disabled person for parking in parent/ child - there were plenty of disabled spaces available and I pointed out that I would never dream of parking in a disabled space if there were no parent child spaces available let alone if there were.

There are ways and means of dealing with situations and what you are doing for your reasons is rediculous

I'm adding the immobiliser part to my licence as it is another part of security, i'm diversifying to a different sector what makes that so ridiculous?? Do you give traffic wardens a hard time for their part in keeping roads and car parks clear for those who are legal and keep within rules and regs? Just because i want to do something about a situation i find highly aggrevating makes my decision ridiculous? If you want to change something and nobody else seems to want to then why not? there will always be a for and against argument for everything and whilst the debate about clamping is probably for the against in a lot of cases, whilst outside firms are ringing asking us to clamp all cars left in their car park as they are not patrons leads me to beleive there is still a great need, if not , why are they asking for our services??

If we had an instant tow away for illegal parking like certain parks of the states would you prefer that to clamping??...it works out there, maybe we should try it here.

All he's told us that he clamps because there are bad people out there.

If he's not going to give us any more information, then we can only assume he's just like the rest and charges vast amounts of cash, tow truck callout fees, tow truck cancellation fees and has shameful signage and paperwork.

Do you give traffic wardens a hard time for their part in keeping roads and car parks clear for those who are legal and keep within rules and regs?

No because there are rules, regulations and an appeal process.

Yep thats right, the innocent motorist appeals and you decide to reject it on the grounds that you would lose money if you accepted the appeal - how reasuring!

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

So if you're not in it for the money but see yourself as a knight in shining armour righting the wrongs and protecting the widow, the orphan and the disabled, and bearing in mind that you have the right to survive and make a small living in the process...

(2nd time asked)

Think you missed this question Tommy.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Clamping is a remedy for trespass. It is therefore irrelavent how many and how clearly you display clamping signs, stating the many "rules" that may be broken in this car park that will result in the clamping of a vehicle. The fact remains that the car (and driver) were not trespassing onto the land and therefore clamping cannot be the remedy.

"licensed" what a joke a bit of scap paper issued by the SIA, who have no actual legal standing, its only allowed to exist because a a Lazy Ar*ed Govement wont sort the industry, I wonder who has an undeclared interest in the SIA :D

as for Blue Bage Bays on private land , they DONT Exist, only in the heads of PPC's,

and I am a blue badge holder, and respect LAWS where in place, but PPC's can whistle,

a job is a job these days, but to try to justify it over blue badge abuse, does not go down very well with anyone

I stated that blue badge abuse was 1 of the reasons, my main gripe being unable to get in or out of bays due to people parking so close and occupying 2 bays because they cannot be bothered to take the time and park straight in 1. It doesn't take long to straighten a motor, if i can do it, whats the problem??/ laziness or inconsideration for others i think. I dont get road rage but this gives me parking rage.

(2nd time asked)

well, its the 4th time now.;)

you are starting to resemble one of those politicians that dont answer questions on question time.... its nice to have you here on CAG, but this is a consumer website and this is an important question.

I stated that blue badge abuse was 1 of the reasons, my main gripe being unable to get in or out of bays due to people parking so close and occupying 2 bays because they cannot be bothered to take the time and park straight in 1. It doesn't take long to straighten a motor, if i can do it, whats the problem??/ laziness or inconsideration for others i think. I dont get road rage but this gives me parking rage.

I'm just wondering where this bad parking epidemic exists, cos I certainly have never seen it.

I'm also confused about the clamping issue.

Are you saying you will clamp people who don't come up to your high parking standards, or issue them with an unenforceable invoice?

Or give them marks out of 10, Torvill and Dean style?

I'm just wondering where this bad parking epidemic exists, cos I certainly have never seen it.

Me neither

I'm also confused about the clamping issue.

Are you saying you will clamp people who don't come up to your high parking standards,

thereby making sure this badly parked obstruction remains as such for the maximum length of time

or issue them with an unenforceable invoice?

paying the income derived to all the annoyed motorists who couldn't get parked beside them I guess? or do you think he might be pocketing it all :eek:

Or give them marks out of 10, Torvill and Dean style?

Torvill and Dean used to get marks out of 6 for ice dancing dafty :p

:D

LoL, or 5.9 at least !! :p

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I tell you what, there must be an outbreak of dodgy parkers because I've had people park next to me awkwardly on just two occassions in a whole year. If you cannot control your anger when driving or parking questions could be asked about your suitability to hold a driving license.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks