Global Debt Recovery

jcmaxed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I noticed this morning that I have been having £10 payments taken out monthly from this company. I had no idea why, so I gave them a ring.

At first they could find nothing to do with me or my adress, but it finally came to light that I had set this up for my ex in Jan 2008. We split up in april 2008, and to be honest I completely forgot about this, I was more concerned about sorting access out for my daughter.

They told me that its now being handled by their solicitors (even though global d r took the money this month), the solicitors are G M Law. They have told me to put it in writing to them, firstly could someone give me an idea what to include in this letter.

Secondly, is there any chance at all of reclaiming any of these amounts back, there is zero chance of me doing it from my ex. I know I did set this up, but this is not my debt.

Many thanks for any input.

From the limited details you provided, not really - you willingly provided your details to facilitate payment on behalf of your ex - they should not even entertain talking to you about a debt that is not your own.

You could ask for it back siting some mistake on your part, but they would be neither obliged to do so, nor required to as they were simply following your agreed repayment arrangement. Since your payments were made on behalf of a third party, it would be to them your request for repayment should be made - as this would be the only realistic option.