Allied International Credit Ltd said they were a legal firm this afternoon?????

Enron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a call from this afternoon, operator was not happy when I wouldnt confirm my details.

They stated that they were a legal firm which struck me as unusual, as I know they are clearly a debt collection agency, a fact which the woman later admitted.

I believe that they were trying the legal department trick, they were threatening legal action on an account where the CCA is unenforceable.

Any comments invited.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

do exactly what you did either do not answer the phone to them or refuse to go through security, either way do not speak to them on the phone, if they have an unenforceable cca ignore em if they are a new dca wait for threatograms and respond accordingly

Believe me, gonna get their calls nipped in the butt straight away.

The company who's behalf they are phoning inundated me with them last year, I had to get trading standards invovled for them to cease - requested that both them and their agents stopped.

AIC have started them up again, so Trading Standards are gonna get involved again at the very start, and a good ol' complaint going to the OFT as their client is legally barred from enforcing the agreement.

CCA is illegible, and as such they havent discharged their duties under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act..... but banks dont tend to give a monkies about the law in these kind of instances even though they are legally barred from enforcing the agreement at all.

Already had 1st Credit take a bite at this cherry who were dispenced with one letter, time for AIC.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I mention this in one of my Youtube clips, because thats what they told me when I called them back (with held number of course!) after the usual couple of trips around the 'Who are you?' barn. Then when they mentioned the legal firm spiel (I never have them my real name), I'd said that it was a relief they were a legitimate legal firm, what with all these bulls..t collection agencies scrounging for money they weren't entitled to!

Stuck out like a sore thumb, as I knew that AIC were a debt collection company.

Enron already reported the idiots to TS and they are investigating, will be updating my thread when i have more info on what path TS have gone down and what, if any fines or reprimands they have imposed :)

Regards.

Think it was all bluster on there part.

As they dont own the alleged debt Lloyds TSB Bank Plc would have to institute proceedings, or legal representatives on their behalf. - SC&M have had plenty of opportunity if they believed they could do it with a good chance of winning.

Edited by Enron

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Allied International Credit (UK) Limited 984439

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Neptune Innovations

Red Knight Recoveries

Triumph Asset Services

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Red Knight Services

Red Knight Services

Issued Date: 29-Jul-1987 Expiry Date: 11-Aug-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

David Alexander Rae Officer

Kenneth Johnston Officer

Thomas James McCausland Officer

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Christopher St John Bowyer OFFICER

David Alexander Rae OFFICER

David John Hainsworth OFFICER

David Raymond Gallgher OFFICER

John Paul OFFICER

Miss Alexis Brown OFFICER

Mr A Brown OFFICER

Mr Albert Young OFFICER

Mr Daniel Anthony Acchione OFFICER

Mr James Brown OFFICER

Mr James Foye OFFICER

Mr John Alexander Rae OFFICER

Mr Peter David Wilmhurst OFFICER

Ms Sylvia Rae OFFICER

Tom James McCausland OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence The Clock Tower, Chineham Shopping Centre, Chineham, BASINGSTOKE, Hampshire, RG24 8BQ, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business Anderston House, 389, Argyle Street, GLASGOW, G2 8LR, United Kingdom

Registered Office The Clock Tower, Office 5 , Chineham, BASINGSTOKE, Hampshire, RG24 8BQ, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 389, Argyle Street, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G2 8LR

Correspondence Baltic Chambers Suite 419, 5O Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ

Principal Place Of Business 16-18, The Causeway, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11

Principal Place Of Business 389, Argyle Street, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G2 8LR

Principal Place Of Business Allied House 29/39, London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3SZ

Principal Place Of Business Baltic Chambers Suite 419, 5O Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ

Registered Office 62-70, Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3SR

Registered Office Allied House 29/39, London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3SZ

Registered Office Senate House 62-70, Bath Road, Slough, SL1 3SR

Registered Office Southampton House 317, High Holborn, London, WC1V 7NL

Registered Office The Clock Tower, Chineham Shopping Centre, Chineham, BASINGSTOKE, Hampshire, RG24 8BQ, United Kingdom"

AIC also have are listed on the OFT public register as the;

Fairmile Partnership LLP;

company registration number: OC310906.

AC