Currys Stores Plasma Help Needed *sorted*

Isiris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought a 60" plasma from Currys and it was delivered on the 3rd July. The 28 days is up on Wednesday

On sunday it stopped working, being stuck in stand by. I telephoned Mastercare and someone is coming tomorrow to verify it is faulty. NO PROBLEMS

Now, because it was so big, we paid someone £115 to have it put on the wall. I have now found out by an absolute miserable sow at the store that I will have to pay for the plasma to be taken off the wall and then for the new one to be re fitted. I have phoned the bloke and he said it will be £80. He will have to come to our house twice.

Please explain why I should have to pay. The woman was adamant and even walked off from me in the store which I just found to be bloody pig ignorant.

Surely they should cover the cost. They even offer the fitting service and her only excuse was that they would not be insured. I said well Ill pay for it to come down if you will put it back up. Her answer was, why should we, we are a business, we dont do anything for free.

Advice URGENTLY needed

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Could really do with some help guys.

Cheers

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

The expense of removing/refitting is a direct result of their provision of faulty goods. If they are not insured that's their problem.

Quote them this:

The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002

48B Repair or replacement of the goods

(1) If section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller -

• (a) to repair the goods, or

(b) to replace the goods.

(2) If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must -

• (a) repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;

(b) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

Many thanks

hiya my hubby works for currys he said if you contact head office explaining what has happened you should get a refund the people in the stores arent able to help with that part

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

hello all

Sorry for not replying, been away and just got caught in the airport problems

Spoke to "The Store Manager" Explained and he said no problem. Queried the womans attitude to me and he said, "Your not the first to say it"

Another positive result